Chapter 35

—One Week Later—

Emerald Inn, St. Lucia
Kylie

"Oh my God! I'm having so much fun! Pheobe and I went scuba diving on the reef today! And we swam with pigs —" I bark excitedly before getting cut off as I stare down at the smiling face on the phone screen I held clutched in my hand.

"Swam with pigs?" He asks in perplexity before pulling a face of disgust, causing me to laugh at his expression.

"Yes, oh my God they were the cutest. Hey Pheobe, come say hi to the family!" I yell across the suite, from the couch I occupied to get Pheobe's attention as she walks into my line of sight. She was just coming out of the bathroom, and was struggling to drag herself to the bedroom we shared.

"I'm tired, tell them I'll call later." She grumbles tiredly before fanning me off causing me to snicker at her.

"Phoebe fell asleep in the sun today without any sunscreen on, she won't be making that mistake again for the rest of our time here." I mutter lowly, informing Dominic of his godmother's earlier screw up.

"It sounds like your having a great time." He mutters smiling at me, his voice washing over me and soothing me as I inhale deeply.

"I am, I really am. Thank you so much for doing this for me Dominic." I mutter softly, a sudden wave of emotion slamming into me as I reflect on my first week of being in St Lucia.

"Anything to make you happy babygirl." He mutters softly, with a soft gaze that always had my stomach erupting with butterflies. As of late, he had made a habit out of calling me his 'babygirl' and I couldnt hide that I liked it, because it always made me blush.

"I miss you." I catch myself whispering, and I almost swallowed my heart as the words left my mouth.

"You do?"

"Well, I mean... I miss everyone. Viktor, Giovanni, Dimitri..." I chuckle nervously, naming off the other men in my life, only to be cut off my Dominic's sarcastic and dissatisfied response.

"Of course, silly of me to think I was special." He mutters feigning offense and I chuckle at this.

"Stop it, of course you're special." I mutter rolling my eyes, as I swing my legs under me, smiling down at the phone.

"You think so?" He pauses to ask, and I grin as I tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I know so." I mutter in confirmation, validating his feelings and I could see his expression changes to an arrogant smirk as he looks up and nods at my words, but doesn't respond.

"Scarlette told me you talked to her this afternoon." He mutters after a few seconds of being silent.

"Yes, I did. I spoke with her and Chloe. All they seemed to care about was how my sessions were going." I mutter rolling my eyes in annoyance, remembering the phone call I had earlier with my baby sister and best friend.

"Well?" Dominic mutters questioningly, arching a brow at me. I groan deeply and sigh as I look heaven ward, trying to think about my words before I responded.

"If I could use one word to describe them so far, it'd be — enlightening. I know I've only been here for a week, but this retreat has already made me realize that I'm lucky as fuck, to have people like you and Pheobe around who genuinely care about me, and I think right now all I'm struggling with is accepting how I got to be here." I mutter softly, my voice deepening with emotion as I spoke.

"Hey, it doesn't matter how. All that's important now is that you're here, and you know that you're loved." Dominic mutters encouragingly and I pause before peering at him.