Love is Hard to Fall Out Of

A/N

Sorry it's so short this time, but it kind of helps explain things so I hope you enjoy. Also please keep in mind that none of these chapters have been edited yet.

  Yesterday flew by, maybe it's because I slept almost all day, either way it went by fast. Not to mention all the emotions, at first I was happy because of Kyle and my pancakes, then I was sad because of all the sad talk last night, then I was happy again, and then sad. Seriously, it was like some crazy rollercoaster of emotions. That's one rollercoaster that I never want to ride again.

  Sunday, oh Sunday. What to do, what to do. Why am I repeating my thoughts? Well anyway, Sunday is like a wildcard day, I start out with nothing planned but then it ends up being a crazy day, not always but most of the time. Usually I just lounge around the house in my pyjamas, and maybe pop open some wine and have a glass or two.

  "Achoo!" That sneeze just came out of nowhere! I better not be getting sick. You hear that immune system? You better make this problem go away. I hate being sick, but since I take walks at night in the rain, getting sick isn't a big surprise. Whenever I'm sick I act like I'm dying, but I'm the only one here to take care of myself, so I don't usually eat when I'm sick. I know that's probably not the best thing, but I don't want to walk from my bed to the kitchen, it's too much of a hassle.

  So anyway, all night I was thinking about Tom and our conversation last night. Our past is kind of complicated. It all started when he he told me he loved me after we had been dating for two weeks. I was  24.

                   Flashback to four years ago

   I love going on these walks, and when Tom is with me, it's really special.

  "So what do you wanna do, get some lunch after this maybe?" Tom asked and I just shrugged. As we held hands while walking, I felt safe, and I just wanted to enjoy the moment instead of talking about what to do after this.

  "Oh look, that cat is limping, looks like his leg is hurt," Tom said while pointing to a cat that was crossing the street.

  "Oh no! DON'T CROSS THE STREET LITTLE GUY!" I yelled to the cat. I dropped my purse and ran into traffic.

  "Phoebe what are you doing? Get back here! Oh my goodness," Tom panicked, and ran out after me. Instead of focusing on what he was doing, I focused on not dying.

People slammed on their brakes and yelled out "get out of the way!" But I kept going until, finally, I made it to the cat. I picked him up and smiled.

  "You're insane!" Tom said as he reached me finally. We both caught our breathes, and walked back to his house so we could get the car and drive the cat to the vet. Since we hadn't gotten far, it didn't take us very long to get there.

  "Do you realize how many diseases that cat could have?" Tom asked me while he was driving.

  "What do you think I should name him?" I asked, trying to avoid his question.

  "You're going to keep it? You can't keep it. He could have an owner or something," he said.

  "Please stop calling him it, and if he does they obviously don't care enough about him to keep track of him. He doesn't have a collar or anything. I tell you what, if he does have an owner, I'm so giving them a piece of my mind," I stated seriously and Tom just smiled.

  "Sir Bartholomew," he just said like it was a name I should now.

  "What?"

  "For the cat," he explained. Oh I love it!