*:..。o○ 38 ○o。..:*

Start from the beginning

A ringing interrupted what Taehyung was about to say. Taehyung sighed and picked up his phone, pressing the answer button before lying back down on Jungkook's chest.
"Hello?"
"Hey Taehyung, it's Jin"
"What is it?"
"I'm just at the airport in Beijing right now, it's just to let you know I'm coming home"
"Did you close the deal?"
He heard Jin sigh "no, but I got a phone call from dad this morning. They think that Eunji doesn't have long left to live. They are just waiting now until the heart monitor stops"
"Wait, seriously?"
"Yeah, did he not tell you?"
"No!" Taehyung exclaimed.
"You might want to go see him, I'll be in Korea in about 3 hours"
"Do you want me to call Bernard to pick you up?"
"No it's okay, Namjoon said he would come get me"
"Okay, I'll see you soon then, bye"

He hung up the phone and put it beside him.
Jungkook looked at Taehyung as he sat up.
"Is everything okay?" He asked.
"They don't think Eunji's got long left to live"
"Wait, really?!"
Taehyung nodded.
"Are you okay?"
"Why wouldn't I be? I never liked her anyway" Taehyung said and got out of bed, walking towards the bathroom.

Jungkook knew Taehyung felt bad, he just didn't want to admit it. Jungkook could see him slowly reverting back to his old ways. Where he wouldn't tell Jungkook anything about his feelings or show them in the slightest.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The next day, the dreaded phone call came.
"I'm sorry to tell you over the phone Taehyung but Eunji passed last night" Jin told him.
"Oh okay, is dad asking for me to be at the hospital right now?" Taehyung asked, no emotion in his voice, no emotion on his face.
"Uh yeah, please. He's not taking it well"
Taehyung hung up the phone and got his coat, ready to go to the hospital.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Jungkook was blissfully unaware of his boyfriend's current problems. He had kept his promise to Namjoon and had went to the arena the next day but he couldn't concentrate on playing and he knew he wasn't doing his best. However, Namjoon seemed to be giving him a pass, probably in a good mood since Jin came home.

Halfway through practice Namjoon called a well earned break as he had to take a phone call. They all poured into the break room, collapsing on the sofas, completely exhausted. Jungkook took out his phone to see if Taehyung has texted him like he usually did when Jungkook was at practice but no messages popped up on his screen.

Namjoon walked into the break room and cleared his throat loudly, gaining everyone's attention.
"Just to let you know, practice is cancelled for the rest of the day. You may all go home" Namjoon announced. Everyone looked at him, confused but they all knew better than to question the captain so they made their way out of the break room. Jungkook waited behind a bit to check if Namjoon was okay.

"Come with me Jungkook" Namjoon said before Jungkook even got the chance to speak.
Jungkook followed him out of the arena, towards the car park.
"Hyung, where are we going?" Jungkook asked, having to jog to keep up with Namjoon's fast paced steps.
"To the hospital, Eunji has passed. Jin and Taehyung are already there" Namjoon informed him.

Jungkook got in the passenger side of Namjoon's car and Namjoon drove to the hospital. They sat in silence most of the way, neither having anything to talk about.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

They walked into the hospital and were directed to where the others were. They arrived in a small corridor with seats lining one of the walls and doors along the other one. Jungkook saw Taehyung sitting on the farthest one from him, facing away. Jin was standing at the door and gave them both a small, sad smile.

Jungkook walked over to Taehyung and sat next to him.
"I heard the news" he said quietly.
"Mhm"
"Are you okay?"
"Mhm"
Jungkook sighed and tried to put his arm around Taehyung but Taehyung batted it away "don't touch me" he snapped.

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed "What's wrong Taehyung?"
"Nothing, I've already told you"
"Well, there's obviously something because you're upset"
"I'm not upset" Taehyung growled.
"Don't shut me out Tae, you can tell me what's wrong? I'm not going to judge you"
Taehyung scoffed "yeah right"

"Taehyung" Jungkook said, his voice deepening. Taehyung sighed and turned to face him, his eyes were red and slightly swollen but Jungkook tried to ignore it.
"Tell me what's wrong"
"I feel guilty" Taehyung whispered.
"Why?"
"I was so awful to her and she did nothing wrong and she probably hated me and now there's no way I can make up for what I did" he said quickly, not stopping for breath.
"Tae, calm down. It's okay. There's no way she hated you, I think she tried hard to treat you like her son, maybe slightly too hard cause you weren't ready for a mother figure and that's why you lashed out. I think she understood that"
"Really? She didn't just think I was a bitch?"
Jungkook chuckled slightly "well maybe sometimes"
Taehyung smiled a little.

"How's Il-sung about the whole thing?"
"He's upset but that's not surprising. He's with Taemin the now, the nurse came and told us that he won't stop crying and he's disturbing all the other babies"
"Do you think Taemin knows?"
"I think he does in a way, yeah. He's usually such a quiet baby. It's rather coincidental if you ask me"
"Where is Il-sung right now?"
"He's in the prenatal ward, why?"
"I'm going to go see him"
"Do you really think that's a good idea right now?"

Jungkook nodded, kissed Taehyung on the cheek and got up to find the prenatal ward. He'd already been there before so it wasn't that difficult. Outside the ward, stood a wrecked looking Il-sung rocking a screaming baby Taemin. Jungkook had never seen him look this bad, his hair that was usually slick and combed neatly was strewn everywhere and messy, he wasn't in his normal suit, instead opting for some old sweatpants and a worn out t shirt. His face was red, his eyes were swollen and Jungkook could see the stress in his face as he tried to calm down Taemin.

"Uh, sir?" Jungkook said as he walked up to him.
Il-sung turned around "oh, it's you" his voice was hoarse and tired sounding.
"I just want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss" Jungkook bowed to him.
"That's okay, there's nothing anyone could've done"
Jungkook nodded and stood up "I didn't know her for very long but she was always kind to me"
"Yeah, she was very kind to everyone. That's why I fell for her. Can you do me a favour?"
Jungkook nodded cautiously.
"Can you hold him for a minute? my arms are getting tired" Il-sung asked, holding out Taemin to Jungkook.

Jungkook didn't know how to say no. This man had just lost his wife, his second wife. He'd been widowed twice, Jungkook couldn't say no. So he said yes and took baby Taemin in his arms doing what Taehyung told him. Support his head. Rock him gently. Taemin was still screaming when he was handed to Jungkook but soon his screams turned to cries and his cries turned to sniffles and his sniffles turned to little snores.

Il-sung stared at him "how did you do that? I've been down with him for an hour"
"I'm not sure. Babies usually hate me" Jungkook admitted.
"Look Jungkook, I need to apologise"
Jungkook stared up at him.
"I've not been fair to you, you look as if you're seriously trying to do what's best for Taehyung and I appreciate that, I know he can be difficult at times. He got that from his father but I'll try and make it right, I promise"
Jungkook was speechless, he hadn't expected this from a man who told Taehyung he was using him for his money only a few days prior.
"I'm sincerely sorry" Il-sung said, and he sounded genuine.

"It's okay" Jungkook smiled at him awkwardly.
"It's not okay" Il-sung sighed "it's not but I'm going to try to make things up to you, just give me some time"
Jungkook nodded but he didn't know how sure he was that Il-sung was truly genuine this time. He guessed he'd just have to trust him.

Thanks everyone for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it.

After the many many comments about 'Yuri on Ice' I finally asked my friend about it. Then she made me watch it, well at least 5 episodes of it and I'm sorry but I don't get why you all like it. Does it get better? I'm not that into anime so that might be why I'm not a fan of the show.

The voice acting's hilarious though, Victor sounds like Gru from Despicable Me. I know that's the dubbed version but that's only because I was tired and didn't want to read subtitles.

So yeah, I hope everyone's summer is going well and that you all have an amazing week.

P.S sorry I killed Eunji :( forgive me?