10

~Emily~
We all sat on the swings in silence, and suddenly, I saw headlights coming toward us.

I recognized the car. It was a blue mustang. That was the car from the story that Ponyboy had told us about Cherry and Bob.

Five Socs jumped out. The one who had been in the driver's seat was Bob. I saw he had tons of rings on his hand, and I noticed Johnny's face go white.

Then I remembered; that day when Jonny was jumped, he told me the main one had rings on his hand. That's what gave him the huge scar on his cheek. In my peripherals, I noticed Johnny and Alice move closer together, behind Ponyboy and I.

I looked at Ponyboy. He looked just as scared as I felt.

The Socs came toward us. They were all dressed up in their nice fancy clothes.

"Well, well, well!" Shouted one. "What have we got here?" He smiled one of those scary, snarky looking smiles. His teeth were bright white against the dark night.

"Some dirty greasers is what we got here!" Bob replied. They all laughed like he had just said something unbelievably hilarious.

"You better watch it!" Ponyboy replied. I could tell he was trying to act like he wasn't scared, but I could tell by the way his voice shook just how frightened he really was.

"Yeah!" Alice added, "you're on our side of town!"

All the Socs burst into laughter.

"You're on our side of town!" One mimicked in a higher pitched, squeaky voice.

"Does it look like we care? We're gonna do whatever the hell we want." Bob said.

I looked back at Johnny, Alice, and Ponyboy. This wasn't a good idea.

"You wanna know what greasers are?" Bob asked. "White trash with long, greasy hair!"

All the Socs went into yet another loud fit of laughter.

"Oh, yeah?" Ponyboy fired back, "well, do you wanna know what Socs are? White trash with expensive cars and madras shirts!" He spit on them.

"Get em!" Bob yelled.

We were outnumbered by just one, but they were far bigger and far stronger than us.

The tall, skinny Soc who was in the back ran toward me and pushed me down. He had a lot of muscle. I was definitely strong, but not anywhere near as strong as him.

I kicked him in the face while I was down, but he grabbed my foot right after and turned me over, slammed my body into the ground. I screamed in pain.

I tried to get up so that I wouldn't be so vulnerable, but he had me pinned down. I somehow lifted my elbow and jerked it sharply into his nose where I had kicked him before. Taken aback, he grabbed his nose and winced in pain.

While he was distracted, I punched him as hard as I could right in the stomach. He doubled over in pain.

I turned around ready to run, suddenly remembering my new switchblade. I pulled it out of my pocket. Just as I was doing so, I saw Bob was drowning Ponyboy in the big fountain.