Chapter 7 || From Roof to Roof

Void dropped the flaming arrow and looked down at Lorca. Is he taller?  she wondered, feeling confused. He was taller! He used to be Lorca and Kainel's height, but now he was more like Ellie and Cann. How? she thought.

"Lorca," he spoke in a deeper voice, but he still retained that eerie tone which always seemed to linger, no matter what he said. He almost always sounded like he was on the verge of laughter. 

"What do you want? I'm not going to join you!"

"Are you sure? You know, The Legion isn't all roses. They have caused me pain that you couldn't even fathom." he stopped for a moment, and while he stared at her a cruel grin formed on his face. "And your father is at the center of it all."  

"What? What do you mean?" Lorca yelled, not knowing what to think. Her father? What could he have done against Void?

"Can't you just tell me what you wan-"

"The Legion of Hunters was what caused your father to break. The Legion is why he left you! Abandoned you on the streets, leaving you with nothing!" he said in a savage tone, pure fury etched on his face. He seemed to hate her father for some odd reason.

Lorca clenched her fist. She felt confused, angry, sad, worried and ultimately lost. She couldn't think straight, and as she had done all her years as a hunter, she resorted to violence to deal with her problems.

She cut the lightning stone Forrond had given her. She formed lightning from her daggers and shot it under her. It launched her far into the air and she began to aim for Void. She thought that maybe she could use another softer lightning blast to slow down her speed. 

As she fell to the ground, another smaller flash of lightning appeared from the daggers, and they shot Lorca up a little, but it was a manageable distance to fall. She turned and look Void, who had a broad smile and seemed like he enjoyed himself. Lorca began wondering why his expressions seemed to change so rapidly.

She quickly began in a sprint the moment she landed, and she expected him to teleport behind her, but he didn't. He instead held his ground and dodged her lunge. He quickly responded with a jab of his own sharp dagger, but it barely missed her as she swiftly dodged backward. An arrow shot at him but he dodged it masterfully.

Void stood still for a moment and spoke,

"Join me. We can get revenge for what The Legion did to us!" he yelled, but Lorca charged and yelled, "YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!" 

An angry look formed on Void's face, and he suddenly charged as well. They both began to charge up lightning on their daggers as they closed the gap, and then the daggers struck each other.

A deafening roar of sound came upon the street, and Void, Kainel, and Lorca all got thrown to the ground. Lorca laid on the pavement for a few seconds and was beginning to rise up to face Void again when she saw Kainel holding his hand to his chest, his usually tan face now extremely pale while showing great pain.

She ran towards him, keeping an eye on Void as the insane man stood up, brushing the dirt off his shoulder and gritting his teeth. He looked much more menacing now that he stood taller than Lorca. She didn't understand how he became taller, but it didn't matter, she had to save Kainel.

She picked him up and began running. She glanced behind her and saw Forrond, scratched and bruised, coming down the stairs to the city walls. She looked at Void who now watched Forrond and showed no interest in Lorca's actions anymore.

Lorca could hear a savage yell from Void while he began sprinting, but Kainel started speaking and the fight that ensued came in the background.

"Thank you," he managed, uttering a small grunt right after.