Chapter 5 Part 2 || Master Forrond

"Where the hell am I? Help!" Lorca yelled, feeling very confused

"Where the hell am I? Help!" Lorca yelled, feeling very confused. Her vision was blurry and she could only make out shapes and light.

She also felt a sense of pain in the back of her head, and it felt like there was a gap in her memory.

She touched the back of her head to find out what hurt, when she noticed that her hair was very short. I thought I had long hair, she said to herself. Her hair now only reached to about her shoulder, and on the back of her head was a small spot where her hair was completely shaved.

"What the hell?" she muttered.

"Lorca! Are you awake?" someone yelled in the corridor. She recognized the voice. It was someone she knew. Kainel! That's the name, she thought as two pairs of footsteps sounded to her right. Her vision was still blurry, and she felt incredibly confused.

"You're awake!" said an out-of-breath Kainel. He glanced at her now short hair, and a surprised look came upon his face.

"How are you feeling?" a different deep, pleasant voice said. It sounded slightly familiar, but she couldn't put a finger on where she had heard it.

"Where am I?" Lorca asked, frantically looking around her. Her vision was still blurry.

"You're in one of the medical rooms," Kainel answered. "Cann, go tell The Doctor," he added. She heard someone run out of the room.

"What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Kainel answered in a slightly worried voice.

"No. And my vision's all blurry. I can't see you, only a shape."

"That doesn't sound right," he answered in a nervous voice.

They were both silent for a few seconds, and then she heard hurried footsteps coming towards her room.

"Doctor, she's awake," said Kainel.

"Yes, Cann told me. How do you feel, Lorca?" said a controlled, gentle voice that sounded like it belonged to a person much older than both Kainel and the other deep-voiced man.

"Well, my vision is all blurry and I'm very confused, I have no idea why the hell I'm here. And why does the back of my head hurt so much?"

"Well, Miss, the fight against Void cracked your skull, which required surgery. While the surgery was successful, you damaged the visual part of your brain. It will most likely improve in some time, but there is a risk of permanent damage to your eyesight." The Doctor said.

She heard Kainel curse under his breath, and Lorca herself didn't know what to say. How would she be able to live with eyesight like this? She began feeling nervous. The Doctor continued:

"You were extremely hurt, Lorca, and you are currently forbidden to do all physical hunter training or anything similar in nature. Master Forrond will explain this in further detail when you can be admitted from the hospital room. I think Mr.Korian and Mr.Datrei will accompany you here."