"Oh yeah? Well you're wasting your time. Just some pervert who, uh, got more action than he could handle," Gavin laughed dryly.

Dad ignored Gavin, "We'll have a look anyway, if you don't mind."

"Come on, let's go," Gavin told Chris, "It's, uh, starting to stink of booze in here."

Gavin shouldered Connor out of the way. He turned back around before leaving and said, "And, uh, (y/n), if you want... maybe later we could, uh, ya know, have a drink together at my place."

I was pissed and disgusted by his comment, "Wow, Reed, I didn't know you contributed to Detroit's Red Ice problem. Because you'd have to be high off your fucking ass to think I'd go out with you."

This made him mad. He looked at me and then at Connor and then me again. He let out a humorless chuckle, "Oh, I get it. You're fucking the Ken Doll."

I could feel heat rising to my face, whether it was from anger or embarrassment I wasn't sure, "What the hell is wrong with you?! First of all, that's not even true and second it has absolutely no relevance to thins! I won't go out with you because you're a dick! First you insult my father and push around m friends and then you ask me on a date? Why the hell would I say yes?!"

He took the hint and backed off, glaring at me as he walked out. I turned to Dad and Connor and cleared my throat, "So, um, the investigation..."

The shook themselves from their dazed looks of equal parts amazement and confusion and began to instigate the crime scene. Connor moved to investigate the damaged android. I noticed him dip his fingers in the Thirium and go to lick it off. Dad spotted this too, "Woah! Hey, hey, hey! Argh, Connor, you're so disgusting... Think I'm gonna puke again."

I get that he's just doing his job but I wouldn't stick anything that's been in a room like this in my mouth if it would save my life. If I was an android, I would go deviant then and there if I had been told to do that. I walked over to the human victim and inspected the body. I spotted bruises on his neck in the shape of a hand. "He didn't die of a heart attack," I noted, "he was strangled."

"Yeah, I saw the bruising on his neck. Doesn't prove anything though, could've been rough play," Dad pointed out.

"We're missing something here," Connor stated.

"Think you can read her memory?" I asked, "Maybe you can see what happened."

"I can try... The only way to access its memory is to reactivate it," he answered.

"Think you can do it?" Dad asked.

"It's badly damaged..." Connor said as he removed the android's artificial skin, "If I can it'll only be fore a minute, maybe less... I just hope it's long enough to learn something."

He reconnected her biomechanics and she shot to life. She backed away, clearly scared. "It's okay, we're not going to hurt you," I told her.

"You were damaged, and I reactivated you," Connor explained, "Everything is alright."

"Is he... is he dead?" she asked, indicating the victim.

Connor ignored her, "Tell me what happened."

"He started hitting me... again... and again."

"Did you kill him?"

"No, no, it wasn't me..."

"Were you alone in the room? Was anyone else with you?"

"He wanted to play with two girls... That's what he said, there were two of us..."

Connor raised his voice impatiently, "Where did the other android go? Did it say anything?" The LED in her temple died out as she deactivated once more.