2: unknowing Acquaintances

Start from the beginning

"I won't be too happy to find out that the person you are interested in is Theo."

"I am not interested in Theo! Goodness Ari!" I facepalm and turn my body to the direction of the hall that leads back to my classroom and I begin walking away from Ari. Disappointment.

"H-hey Lydia! You aren't going to buy anything to eat from the canteen?"

"I lost appetite. Thank you."

"Lydia..." I heard Ari's voice grow soft and sullen, But I continued to walk away.

Casually waving at the students, greeting the teachers, hugging the young children.

I didn't mind it, but they just felt like detours longer than the main road to return to my classroom.

"Ms. Hill?" I let go of the child that I held in my arms, slightly shocked by the voice of my professor suddenly making an appearance.

"Professor Adley, what brings you here?"

"There is something I'd like to discuss with you in the office, If you don't mind."

"Oh... That's fine prof."

Hmmm... Should I be nervous? I haven't done anything wrong though.

And within a couple of minutes, here I am. Looking at Theo, and this other girl who had her hair clipped back with a red and white ribbon. She was cute.

"What's this about?" I asked my professor, while waiting for his answer, I began scanning every tight space and object in the room. Everything felt quite awkward right now.

"I'm holding an event in two weeks to advertise the school. The 4th years will be busy with an oral defense, so I have to ask you, the 3rd year students instead."

"And why us in particular?" The girl with a ribbon asks.

"I picked the most diligent students in each class." Professor responds. "Lydia of 3-1, Theo of 3-2, and you Sylvie of class 3-3."

Oh, so her name is Sylvie. It makes me think of Sylveon. And sylveon is such an adorable pokemon!!

"P-professor, I'm not good around people..." Theo frowns.

"Perfect! It's a great way to boost your confidence then."

"What exactly are we going to do though professor?" I ask.

Professor Adley yawns then gives us a smile. "You three will be given 10 minutes each, max, to discuss about how great the school is! Isn't that wonderful?"

"Meh..." I give my professor an indifferent look and proceed to head out the door.

"Lydia! Where are you going?" Professor asks.

"Back to class. I don't want to miss anything. Besides, it's your vacant, right prof? You should get some rest, you look like you haven't slept in ages."

"He probably spent the whole evening playing that MMORPG called divine spring again." The door suddenly opens and one of my female teacher enters, chuckling faintly.

I wouldn't have imagined my professor, or yet alone any of my teachers playing an MMORPG.

I shrugged my shoulders then waved goodbye as I was finally able to take my leave and return to class.

Thankfully my professor for the next subject wasn't here yet.

"Lydia, where have you been!?" Those were the very first words I recieved once I took my seat.

"Professor Adley had discussed a small matter with me, Ari."

"Hmph. I can't believe you really walked away from me back there." Ari took out her pen and scribbled on her notebook for a few seconds. "You aren't mad at me though, are you?" She then asks.

"No, I'm not. I just felt disappointed since you accused me of liking someone that you yourself, has a crush on. You know I would never do that."

"Yeah... Sorry Lydia. I bought you some soda by the way." Ari puts down her pen and pulls out a bottle of pepsi from her bag and hands it to me, making me smile.

"Aww Ari... You really didn't have to!" I took the pepsi and popped it open.

"Whattt, I felt really bad about the things I said earlier!" She gives me a sheepish smile.

"Hahaha, it's alright Ari, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have walked away like that."

"Hehe. Anyways, what's this small discussion you and Professor Adley had?"

"Well it appears that I and two other students will be having to give a speech about how 'great' the school is for an event which Professor Adley is hosting. I haven't agreed on it yet, however it looks like I don't have a choice."

"Oh, well if that's the case, then good luck!"

"Thanks Ari."

"Who are the two other students though?"

"Theo and Sylvie."

"Theo!?" Ari began squeeling jibberish. It looked as if she was about to have epilipsy in her seat. "You better learn more about him for me and everything! Be cupid!" She placed both her hands on my shoulders, gripping tightly, and she began to shake the life out of me. "You. Will. Do. Your. Best. To. Help. Me. RIGHT?!"

"YES I WILL! So stop shaking me." And she stopped. The ruckus that the two of us were making caused the other students to look at us.

"Yay! You're the greatest Lydia!" Ari pinched my cheeks.

Ohhkaay. Looks like my mission log has a new entry. Sighhh!

Help Ari get with Theo.

And for a moment, I imagined myself in a diaper, shooting cringy pink arrows at people.