chapter four

As the party continued, it wasn't showing any sign of slowing down. I remained with Luke resting on my shoulder, and with him lazily playing with the material of my shirt. The loud sounds of music and people singing along to it had me developing a headache. With Michael and Calum nowhere in sight, I decided to take Luke back to the room.

Without much hesitation, Luke allowed me to hoist him up, and walk along side me with his curls covering his embarrassed face. I figured the boy wasn't used to this type of scene or drinking in general; which is perfectly okay to me.

While we walked back to the room, I couldn't help but take in every glimpse of hope from the previous champions on the walls. It's not going to be long until my face is plastered on those walls with a gold frame. Some may view my dreams as too extreme or impossible but I'm going to be on those walls by the end of this upcoming Olympic Games.

In due time, Luke and I reached the room and I carefully unlocked it, before taking Luke hand in hand to his bed. Once again the blonde didn't hesitate when I was guiding him somewhere. As I lay the placid boy down, he groaned and looked like he was about to cry.

"Hey hey, what's wrong? Please don't cry" I pleaded sitting down on the bed with him. The tears began to fall fast and maybe it was the affects of the alcohol but Luke began to make grabby hands at him. "I miss home. I miss the warmth of my mum's hugs". My initial thought was 'how old is this guy, wow' but I knew deep down that I felt the same way. Carefully with slow movements, I lay next to the boy and hugged him. " I know I'm not your mum, but I'm a hugger and I hope for now this hug will do for now". The blonde boy within my arms let out a sigh of sadness, but snuggled closer into my chest; leaving the faintest feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Before long, Luke had fallen asleep in my arms, letting out little puffs of air and mumbles as he slept. As much as laying with the boy would keep me warm, I need to shower and not have Luke waking up and freaking out. I didn't have his sober permission to sleep along side him; so I won't be doing anything of the sort.

Once entering the seemingly half working shower, and using my mother's herbal scented, organic shampoo; all my worries washed away. However, the back of my mind had this ringing sound of doubt. Something I've yet to ever experience in my lifetime of running.
Looking down at my hands, I noticed the warming red blotches running up my wrists, and the water droplets catching between my fingers. The water was beginning to scorch against my skin but I felt my mind drifting to other places less warm. The things I used running for to avoid. Was this a depressed shower? The type one takes when feeling blue, and in turn turning bright red from the heat; or was I just tired? Maybe I'm falling into a pit of doubt..yeah no, I'm the best runner there is here; no one and not even myself can stop me from being the best.

On the other side of the door stood Luke with a pair of running shoes in the palms of his hands; looking at them with disgust. While Ashton kissed the soil and breathed in every aspect of running; Luke's body had began to show signs of problems.

Suddenly the dorm door swung open to reveal Cal and Michael. Both boys seemed drunk but very giddy, whisper shouting the words 'bro' and 'dude' at least 100 times before making their way to their own beds. It was the first time since the beginning of the night the four boys were in the same place. Soon enough, Ashton strolled out with a sweatband on and short running shorts, before jumping into his bed and wishing a good night to his teammates.

Like most paranoid people called Luke Hemmings; Luke continued to feel close to tears. Maybe it was the liquor still flooding his system or the fact he felt lonely; all Luke knew was, the thing he needed right now was a hug. And as the dark night blanketed the sky; Luke and everyone had fallen asleep to the sounds of chains running along the floors outside their room.

( very short chapter but I wanted to get this one done; so I can get back into writing)

Hi I'm back (:
I hope you guys still wanna read this. Much love. 💕