i'm investigating!

Start from the beginning

the bell for the start of school invaded mingyu's thoughts and cleared his mind. he watched as wonwoo packed up his stuff and swiftly walked out of the library while chugging down the last of his water. mingyu decided that he should probably get going as well and that he would somehow manage to find wonwoo again and do some more investigating.

-

the end of the day was drawing closer and their history teacher gave the class the last 15 minutes time to do the assigned work. instead, wonwoo started to doze off. his eyelids felt as if there were weights attached to them and no matter how much strength he put into opening his eyes, it just wasn't possible. wonwoo had his head resting on his crossed arms that lay over his desk. it was as if he was in the middle of being awake and being asleep.

minghao noticed that and chuckled to himself, poking at wonwoo's cheek repeatedly until he stirred a little.

'woo. wake up' minghao said with a quiet voice. wonwoo peeked out from the little slits of his eyes and finally sat back up.

'that's embarrassing' he mumbled and rubbed his eyes after pushing his glasses back on the top of his head.

'you should rest more. you spend too much time studying' minghao told him and started to get out of his seat once the bell rang.

wonwoo nodded, grateful that minghao was worried though he wouldn't listen to his advice.

'yeah. you're right'

'well, catch you later' minghao waved and ran out of the room.

wonwoo said a quick goodbye and slowly started to pack his things into his bag. he caught a glimpse of jisoo walking up to him and smiled at the american.

'i noticed you were dozing off a bit there' he joked and handed wonwoo a coffee. 'here. i wasn't going to drink it anyway'

wonwoo graciously took it from his hands. 'thanks, josh'

'all good. get some more sleep! see you tomorrow'

they waved goodbye at each other before jisoo took off in the opposite direction.

yes, wonwoo was still adamant about not needing friends currently but it did make him feel content knowing that there were some people looking out for him. he was very thankful for both minghao and jisoo. and to go right against their advice, wonwoo was headed to the local library to study what they had learnt today before he had to go to work.

it was almost as if the universe was setting them up, the way that mingyu kept finding wonwoo so easily. he was walking out of school and headed towards the bus stop on the other side of the road. hastily, mingyu unbuckled his seat belt and got out of seungcheol's car. they were supposed to hang out at the arcade this afternoon but mingyu found that this was more important.

'yo, where are you going?' junhui shouted over to the tall boy as half of his body was out of the car window.

'i'm investigating!' mingyu yelled back, creating more confusion amongst his friends.

he sprinted down the road and caught the green light a few counts before it turned red again. he made sure to keep a good distance away from wonwoo just in case he noticed him following him around. it wasn't creepy though it could be taken that way. mingyu just needed to understand him better so that he could win the bet.

when wonwoo got off of the bus, of course, mingyu followed and was lead into the local library. does this guy live off of studying or something? was it like air to him? maybe he was meeting up with someone to hook up because that would be an eventful twist. mingyu highly doubted that was the case.

wonwoo maneuvered his way through the bookshelves and found a nice spot to sit at before he started getting into his work. mingyu didn't want to stay for the next 2 hours watching a guy study from behind the poetry section but he didn't want to just leave straight away. he gave wonwoo the benefit of the doubt that in the next half hour, he would do anything interesting. anything at all.

20 minutes later, wonwoo stood up from his chair. mingyu didn't know it was possible to almost fall asleep while standing up but hey, the more you know. mingyu's eyes attached themselves onto wonwoo's moving figure and his gaze practically burned through him. mingyu watched as wonwoo was going along one of the shelves and started pulling out some book to read their synopsis.

all mingyu gathered from today was that wonwoo was genuinely in love with any library, studying was his food and water and that he borrowed books. and still, mingyu had absolutely no idea how to approach the guy and not get instantly rejected on the spot.

ayo another update bc it's 1:41 in the morning and i can't sleep hehe + ignore the fact that i went from summer to winter it's lit rally been years luv and i'm too lazy to fix it rn