6. I don't wanna play with him.

Presley

"What happened to you?" I ask Maddy, who's sulking in the driver's seat as I get into her car to go to school. It's Monday, and it's been more than a week since school started for our second semester. "Tyler and I didn't get to have sex last night because his nosy little brother reported us to his mom. I felt like strangling him right then and there. But, I couldn't 'cause I love him too, as much as I love Ty. Maybe a little less." Maddy pouts.

"Well, what happened the last time you said you were gonna to do that? Which was about a week ago?" I ask, trying not to laugh.

"Last time, we were cock-blocked by Ty's mom. And yesterday, it was his little brother. Things were starting to get interesting between me and Ty when the little brat unlocked the room with a key and started screaming, 'Mommy, big brother is on top of Maddy, and he's naked!'" she yells like a baby.

"Oh my god!" I start laughing, hysterically.

"It's not funny, Elle. Ty and I were both so horny. Today we're gonna try again at my place, since Mom and Dad are MIA, doing God knows what," she pauses. "Tonight we're gonna try missionary, doggy style, cowgirl, sixty-nine, and maybe even—"

"Maddy! Stop it! Ew." My face scrunches up in disgust as I start hitting her on her shoulder, making gagging noises, which makes her laugh. "I honestly can't believe I'm best friends with you. Keep it up and I will unfriend you," I joke.

* * *

Maddy and I are hit by the usual metallic smell of brass and the sound of instruments tuning as we enter the band room at eight twenty.

When Maddy picked me up this morning, Deon's car wasn't parked in their driveway, so I assumed he must have left early. Not that I care or anything.

Mrs. Davis who's talking to the band leader—Alison, turns around and struts over to us. "Oh, thank goodness you guys are here. I was just about to announce the partners for this year's Winter Musical. Go take your seats, kids."

"God, I hope Ty and I are in the same group this year," Maddy mutters under her breath and goes over to the clarinet section while I walk towards the sax section and take a seat in the front row. I would be offended that Maddy would rather play with Tyler than with me, but I'm not because I know a clarinet's tone doesn't match a saxophone's.

"So you're with Deon now?" Someone says from behind me, making me jump. I turn around in my chair to come face to face with Jessica, who's glaring at me as if I stole her boyfriend, which is ridiculous because she's the one who stole mine.

"No, I'm not," I reply, plainly.

"I saw you flirting with him the other day. You do know he's a player, right? He's just looking for girls to play around with." Oh.

"Jess, do I look like I care? I don't even like him." This is a half-assed lie because I definitely have feelings for him even though I try not to give into them.

"You're fucking with me, right?" I cringe when I hear the venom in her voice. "Anybody a mile away could tell that you like him judging by the way you were flirting with him."

Flirting with him? When was I flirting with him?

"Do you hear yourself right now? You're starting to sound like a jealous bitch. You can have him if you want because I don't give a damn."