fifteen

"You guys help yourselves. I'm gonna change into something more comfortable," I say to Zendaya, Harrison, and Sam. "Yeah, same here," Nova sighed, running up the stairs and leaving me to follow behind.

"Hey! So get this, Josh got into Harvard, which is really cool-" She said before I cut her off. "Can you stop talking about Josh, for one second, please?" I accidentally raised my voice. Nova pursed her lips.

"God! All you talk about is Josh now! Josh goes to school, Josh works at Disney! Josh here josh there!" I argued, making Nova raise her eyebrows.

"What the hell is the matter with you? Are you fucking jealous or something?" She argued back, grabbing clothes from her backpack and throwing them onto the bed.

"Yeah. I'm jealous! I'm so fucking jealous, Nova!" I yelled back, sort of startling the girl. She hated when people yelled. Especially when someone was yelling at the other, and it didn't even involve her.

"Why are you jealous?" She choked, tears threatening to run down her cheek. "Because. You make it seem like he's such the perfect guy for you! He goes to college, he works t a very famous company. You make me think that I'm not good enough for you!" I say back.

"Tom of course you're good enough!" She argued. "Then why can't you talk to me, for once? Why can't it be about us or Jade? Why is it all of a sudden Josh being your god?" I asked her.

"Oh so I'm not allowed to have friends?" She shouted back. "Friends don't give each other small slips of paper and hide it from their boyfriend, Nova! I don't care if you have friends! Have as many as you want! But when you're taking about a guy over and over again, of course I'm going to be worried!"

"God, you want to know what that paper was?-" She rummaged through her pockets. She held it in her hand, slapping it against my chest. "Happy birthday, Thomas." She angrily looked at me, before walking out of the room with her bag in her hands.

I looked st the paper.

toms birthday gift:
breakfast in bed(?)
a good makeout :)
bake a cake. he likes chocolate

and it was in her hand writing.

I quickly ran out of the room, Zendaya, Harrison, and Sam looking at me confused as they saw Nova walk out a few seconds before I did.

"Nova, wait," I said, grabbing onto her wrist to stop her from walking. "There's nothing to talk about, Tom." She cried, seeing her tears run down her cheek which made my heart break.

"We we're talking about how I should surprise you for your birthday. I didn't think that you were going to be jealous while I talked to him about it. I made a list and showed him-" She clutched her bag.

"I just wanted to do something good for you. I thought I wasn't good enough either," She said. I wiped the tears off her face, gently kissing her forehead. "I'm so sorry," She cried, her face buried in my chest while the tears from her eyes soaked into my shirt.

"Don't be. It's my fault. Okay?" I reassured her, pulling her closer than she already was.

short chapternrdindodnd