fourteen

"First day of press conferences, are you excited?" Tom asked, throwing a shirt over his body. I nodded, staring at my outfit that laid in front of me. "It's a beautiful dress, babe-" I pulled it off of a hanger.

It was a plain summer dress, which was red and had small flowers all over it. "I know. When I saw it, I knew I had to get it for you." He smiled, pushing a kiss on my cheek before walking over to the door.

"I'll drop Jade off to my moms, and we can go when I get back," He said.

-

"So which interview are we going to first?" I asked Tom, adjusting my heels and playing with my hair. "So I guess we're going to Disneyland.. And then we have an interview with Kiss," He replied, starting the car and diving out of the parking lot.

"Disneyland? I thought that was tomorrow-" I slightly licked my lips. Tom slid his hand onto my thigh, one hand on the wheel and sighed, "They changed it last minute. Zendaya and Haz are meeting is there."

His hand squeezed my thigh, making me softly chuckle as he smiled too.

"It's also our birthday tomorrow." I smiled. He nodded, "I'm excited for tomorrow. It's finally a day where I can share it with someone else, and not have it be about me."

My hand pulled his from my leg and kissed his red knuckles.

"To bad we can't bring Jade to Disney." I frowned, continuing to kiss his soft hand. "I know, I bet that five month year old baby would live being at a loud place," Tom said in sarcasm, "baby, you need a break from her. She needs a break from you. And it's okay, my mom loves Jade."

"I don't need a break from Jade. I love my baby-" I pushed his hand away.

"Darling you're with her twenty-four-seven."

I softly chuckled, "Someone is jealous, huh?" Tom didn't reply, before deeply sighing. "Maybe, okay? Look, I love Jade, but I haven't gotten to spend time with you. We haven't been on a date since.. Well since forever." His voice became low.

I frowned, "Okay... Okay. Baby, you don't need to be jealous.. And plus, you're literally jealous of a four month year old baby."

Tom clicked his tongue, couldn't help but laugh.

~

Nova wrapped her fingers around mines, gently kissing my knuckles as I looked over to the GPS for more directions. "Tommy?" I hear her soft voice ask, her lips stop kissing my hand.

"Hm?" I hummed, entering the freeway. "Can I turn on the radio? Or play something?" She asked. I nodded, "Baby, don't ask. Just do it, okay?"

"Here," I say, flipping the radio on, the first thing playing was 'I just called to say I Love you' by Stevie Wonder. "Ooh, I love this song." Nova smiled, her hand squeezing mines.

She started to sing along, her eyes meeting mines whenever I turned my head to smile at her, her lips interrupting her words as she kissed my knuckles.

"I just called to say.. I love you," She sweetly sang, which made my heart start to melt. I could watch her sing, dance, and feel so free all day long, and as much as I wanted to do that I still had to drive.

My palm cupped Nova's cheek, letting her slightly rub her cheek around with a smile formed on her strawberry looking lips.

"I just called.. to say..... I love you," She continued, her words making me smile.

I wanted to say 'I love you' back, so badly, would've been the first. But her 'I love you's' we're only for the song.

"This is your first time at Disney?" I asked, just to clarify. The girl nodded, smiling at me. "Are we going to be doing anything? Or is it just press? Maybe we could've brought Jade-" She pulled her hand away from mines, grabbing red gloss from her purse.