nine

"A foster mom?" Zendaya said, making me smile. "I was told that I would be a horrible mother, but I realized, I can be a mother later. There are kids in the world who need a mother right now, and I want to do that," I say, making Tom smile.

"I've already signed up, they said they'll drop off a newborn baby to my place soon, I should probably head out," I smiled. Zendaya squeezed my hand, "How about we come with you?" She asked.

-

I hear a soft knock on the door, my heart racing and my body getting off of the couch and walking to the front door. I swung it open, seeing a woman holding a baby seat in her hands and some papers tucking in her arm.

"Nova Monet?" She asked, smiling at me. I nodded, letting her walk inside and seeing the baby girl in her car seat. "There's nothing really for me to say besides the mother is going to want her back until she is stable, but that will not be for a year or so, and her name is Jade."

The lady handed me a paper, which was to only sign my signature on, and I grabbed a pen from the kitchen. "Oh my god, she's beautiful," I hear Zendaya say, as my hand swiftly signed my name on the small line.

I look up to see Tom staring over in my direction, but I couldn't help laugh. "Here, thank you, have a nice day," I smiled. She walked out and nodded, before I close the door and look back at everyone in the room.

"Tom can you please not give the girl that just dropped off my foster baby google eyes while I'm trying to focus?" I laughed, sitting on the couch and turning the car seat to let the baby face me.

-

"I wasn't staring at her," I replied to Nova, as she smiled at the baby and picked her up from the car seat. "Then who were you staring at?" She asked me, making me blush. I was staring at her, but I obviously can't say anything about that.

"Nothing," I replied.

Nova held the baby in her arms, smiling so much and rocking her back and forth. I don't think I've seen Nova so happy, and she was right, she's good with kids. I don't see why she thinks she'd be a bad mother, I think she's perfect.

short and rushed chapter lol