blindly starting over

Colby

I kept my distance from Salem as we sit in the backseat of the uber, afraid I would get handsy. I wasn't completely sure what was going down tonight because of all the alcohol in our system. We could end up arguing, fucking, or just sit in awkward silence all night. Or we would really just hang out like old times. But with all the tension between us I don't think there will be much, "hanging out."

My body pulsated as we got closer and closer to the complex of where my new apartment is. I never got nervous, but tonight is different. We could get caught sneaking into my apartment by our friends, who literally live two doors down. I really didn't feel like being questioned.

The car comes to a stop outside of the building and I gather up my jacket, keys and phone. I rush over to Salem's side of the car quickly opening the door, offering a hand. She gives me a weird look, but doesn't refuse to latch onto my hand, allowing me to help her out. We wave to the Uber driver and make our way across the dim road.

"Sam literally lives two doors down, and I don't want him to know we skipped out on pizza night. You know how he is.", I tell her as we walk to the elevators.

" Or you just don't want anyone knowing you're with me. I dont know why though, I'm pretty fucking cool.", Salem giggles to herself and it's clear that she really is drunk. It was rare for her to go out and get like this, but she clearly went all out.

"I don't care if people see me with you.", I scold once the door opens. She tilted her head to the side, raising one brow before rolling her eyes.

such a brat.

I pull her quickly past Sam's apartment, almost dropping my keys in the process of unlocking the door.

"Welcome to my dungeon.", I lamely mumble as she walks into the living room. It was a really nice apartment, I just hadn't found the time to decorate it. Salem is the one who did most of the shopping, and who was gonna decorate for me. until our dispute happened.

Salem does a small spin but it results in her falling straight onto the couch, making her erupt in laughter. Usually she would be taking care of me drunk, but not today. Being drunk myself, didn't help at all.

Her feet hangover the arm of my couch, swinging them back and forth as I kick my shoes off by the door. "Take these things off my feet, pleaseeee.", Salem drags out.

How did the alcohol take so long to get her where she is now?

her back was pressed against the gray couch with both legs already in air, and her hair was messily cascaded along the cushions. a position I'm far to familiar with. "You said take your shoes off, not fuck you in my living room."

she gasp at my smug reference and sits up, glaring at me. She was a mess to say the least. Her makeup was starting to rub off giving her a rosey glow to her nose and cheeks, hair standing up in multiple places, clothes half on and off.

but she was a beautiful mess in easier terms.

"I would never fuck you.", Salem childishly mumbles, peaking over to see if I'm paying attention. I can't help but smirk because she's trying so hard to act unbothered. it's not working to well, hence the pout forming on her lips.

I decide to play along, "You already have, Sa."
Her eyes rake down my body, head to toe, before letting out a sarcastic cackle, giving me a disgusted look. damn, she really thought she had me there.

"I wouldn't do it again.", she throws her last shoe over by the front door, landing on top of my brand new white vans. Salem giggles and shoots me a fake smile.

"I'm about to beat your ass.", a laugh falls shortly after, making her eyebrows raise at me.

She stands from her seat on the couch looking up at me, giving my chest a little shove. I don't move at all, but try my best not to laugh.

I've missed these pointless drunk arguments, I've missed her. I hate to say it, but I did, I missed her so fucking much.

"fight me, pussy.", Salem sends a chilling look my wau, making me push myself off the wall. I grab a nearby pillow and chuck it at her, hitting her perfectly in the head. I jump up in excitement and laughter,

"Holy shit baby, that was a mean ass headshot.", I freeze when I call her baby, and stand in place. I didn't want to be to close in case she starts yelling.

Salem turns around with a pillow in her hand, and smirks, "Yeah baby, such a good headshot." I back down the hall as she gets closer, not able to control my laughter. The pillow repeatedly hits me in the head, before she stops, and offers me a hand.

"you suck, I'm more drunk than you.", she whines realizing that my headshot beats her multiple, light,  smacks to the head. I pull her wrist gently towards me when im standing again, we both stiffen at the act of affection. I tightly wrap my arms around her neck, making her slam against my chest. Salem wraps her arms around my waist and we stand there in silence, appreciating the moment before it's over.

I missed this.

---------------------------