17. Superman (Epilogue)

SUPERMAN (Epilogue)

7 YEARS LATER

"Why the hell is your tie not proper?!" I shouted at my husband. "Momma," Aden said, "pweas buy me thour worms..." My cute son's voice calmed me down a bit. After 5 years of marriage, Chase (My Lawyer husband) and I had a 4 year old son who meant the world to us.

"Your dad called and said I should tell you he'll take Aden to the park after school today," Chase said. "Whatever!" I shouted at him and he simply laughed in return. "You're laughing? You're laughing because you have no idea how it feels to carry an 8 month old elephant in your body! All you did was put it inside!"

Chase ignored me and played with his son instead. This is what made him special; he never took any of my mood swings seriously, no matter how insulting I could get (and trust me, a pregnant woman has insults). He was just too perfect.

Tall, dark and Superman. He put his papers in his briefcase and drove away to save the world or go to work- it's the same thing to me. I wonder if he knows how much I miss him while his gone. The sad part is, I always forget to tell him I love him, I loved him from the very first day. He knows, though, that I'll be here on the ground when he comes back down.

###

Lizzy was studying Psychology in the University of Cape Town where, my in-laws didn't know this part, she had decided to go so she could be closer to Malcom; who was also studying Software Engineering at the same university. Annabel was also doing art in Stellenbosch University; which was in Cape Town.

Liz realized that Africa wasn't for her so she and Austin moved back to our old house in Pennsylvania. They've been dating for about 2 years now. Surprise. Suki? Well Liz realized that she wasn't really into girls; and it was just a phase. She admitted to having made friends with me when we were young because she wanted to get to know HIM.

My dad had undergone a huge makeover and vouched to be a great grandfather to Aden, to make up for all those years that he missed out on me. That was after he found out about mom's death and went to rehab to get over his alcohol addiction.

The only person I haven't mentioned is one of my closest friends, Kirstie. Kirstie... Nope... I won't say anything. All I WILL say is that she'll tell you her story soon.

There was also some guy I'd dated during my high school years. I don't really remember his name. Was it Josh? Jacob? John? James? Oh well... I don't really remember him. What I do remember though is that he broke my heart; but I'm glad he did 'cause if he hadn't I wouldn't have moved to Africa- South Africa- where I met my husband.

My Superman.

THE END!