13. Last Kiss

This Chapter is dedicated to the biggest Pentaholic (Fan of the Pentatonix) on this planet! I just had to. It’s also sort of like a sneak peak to the book after THE LIZZY SPELL. A Pentatonix fanfic. I hope everyone enjoys this Chapter; especially Denise Sharp!

LAST KISS

***Kirstie’s P.O.V***

“See you in ten minutes…”

“Bye…”

“Hang up…”

“No you called…”

“Fine! I’ll hang up…”

“You didn’t want to so let me do it…”

“*giggles* bye…”  

I sat there fiddling with nothing while waiting for Taylor to finish the sickening conversation with her boyfriend. Don’t get me wrong, I love the relationship between Chase and Tay and I’m really happy that Tay has someone who makes her happy, but they sometimes get too much (for example, right now).  

I went on twitter just to pass the time away. It’s been a while since I was on any social network, with Tay’s mom and all so when I went on, I was greeted by a gazillion interactions (not literally, of course, just a lot of them).  

From the @PTXOfficial account, there were a lot of notifications from fans. They were all based on a picture that Scott had uploaded. I viewed the picture. It was a picture of him and Elsa at a fancy restaurant having the time of their lives. It was sort of an introduction to the Pentatonix family. Ouch.  

I wasn’t upset because he was out having the time of his life with Elsa in the Caribbean with another girl. No. I was upset because he had done something without discussing it or telling me about it. He always checked with me before uploading Ptx related stuff; especially big ones like introducing a new person into the family.  

I went on to reading all the comments people had written. A few were sending congratulations and well wishes; but the rest. *shakes head*. The rest were all either shouting bad names at Elsa and claiming Scott as theirs, or saying Scott belongs with me and not her. I felt really bad for Elsa.  

I tried calling Scott and Elsa answered his phone.

“Hi,” I said, “may I speak to Scott…” “What do you want Kirstin?” Elsa asked rudely, using my full name.

“Uhm…” I mumbled, not sure how to reply to such rudeness, “Please just tell him Kirstie called and ask him to call me back when he returns.”

“So you can steal him away from me? Hell no! I know you’re the one who convinced the PTX family to turn against me and I want you to know that what you and Scott had is over! Get over it!” Then she hung up.  

I was shocked, to say the least. I sat there staring at my phone for about 30 seconds until Taylor shook me awake. “Whoa…what?” I asked. “You zoned out,” Taylor said. “You know what, I’m over him!” I said before storming off to my room.  

Now I was really angry. Not only was my life on a stand still while waiting for Scott to parade around the world with the “love of his life”, but I had also been accused of poisoning the PTX family against her. On top of it all, my best friend had broken 2 rules of our friendship in no time at all. The first was when he made such a huge announcement without running it past me first; and the second was mentioning something no one outside the PTX band knew to Elsa within knowing her for such a short period of time.  

Chase and Lizzy arrived at the house with movies, Pizza and 5 different flavors of microwave popcorn-3 packets each- trust Lizzy to overdo things. Chase and Taylor shared a long hug as though he had just survived World War II even though they’d seen each other only yesterday. “Get a room you two,” Lizzy shouted before putting a packet of popcorn in the microwave. “We would,” Chase replied, “but I’m not sure you’d be able to handle the sounds, little sis.” We all laughed at Lizzy’s grossed out face as she called me for help. “You brought this one upon yourself,” I shrugged.  

We wouldn’t start the movies until Liz came back from her shopping spree. So while we waited, Lizzy and I sat in the kitchen and popped the different popcorn packets while the two lovebirds caught up on the past 12 hours of their lives. Liz finally came back so we could start the movie marathon.  

We were seated in the dark mini theatre. Liz sat on my right with Lizzy on her right; on my left were Taylor and Chase. The two lovers were having a heavy and silent make-out session that only I was aware of. Knowing them, they probably didn’t even notice me. They kind of reminded me of Scott and me.  

Scott and I.  

Yes, Scott Hoying and I used to be an item. It’s a sworn secret that only he, Kevin, Mitch, Avi and I know about. We swore to never mention the relationship again after we broke up, but he broke that by telling Elsa, so I might as well tell you.  

He was always the perfect guy. The life of every party. I’d roll my eyes at his showing off. Although I wasn’t much of a dancer, I used to do it for him. Then his handshake when he met my father. I love how he walks with his hands in his pocket. How he’d kiss me when I was in the middle of saying something. I love and miss all those things. I still remember them.  

Then came July the 9th. I still remember the look on his face. Lit through the dark at 1:58. He called me out saying he urgently needed to speak to me. Even though it had just rained, I snuck out of the house and we met at our usual spot- the park down the road. When I finally got there, we shared our usual long kiss.  

He whispered words in my ear as if it were a secret. He told me he loved me, I still don’t get why he went away. I still remember the smell of the rain, fresh on the pavement. He told me we were better off as friends and we should take a break from our relationship. That hurt. A lot. But I pretended to agree with him. The relief was evident on his face when I told him I thought so too.  

That July ninth, he looked so nervous. The beating of his heart jumped through his shirt. I can still feel his arms around me. He gave me his sweater and I went home. That was it. I never thought we’d have our last kiss.

That July ninth night, I cried myself to sleep. I really never imagined the end like that. His name; forever the name on my lips. Just like our last kiss.  

###

I didn’t realize I was crying until someone turned the lights on and they stung my eyes. I held myself together and the silence was broken by Taylor asking, “Is the movie over already?” “You wouldn’t know,” I answered, “because you spent more time making your own PG-rated movie.” Liz and Lizzy laughed while Tay and Chase blushed furiously. “Good one,” Liz pointed out and we all laughed about it.  

I checked my phone to see if anyone (*cough* Scott *cough*) had called and much to my surprise he hadn’t. There were a few messages, just none from him. To him it all probably meant nothing. Just like our last kiss.

###

Not having a best friend to off load on can be a real burden! So I decided to do exactly what the book says- Speak Now!

-----***-----

Surprise! Kirstie's POV!

I wrote this then it disappeared! Wow! Weird!

Just please go like the facebook page!

Lizzy le Roux-Wattpad