04. Speak Now

Hey Swifties! it's Friday and we all know what that means! SNATSF!! This is thee it chappie! Enjoy

xxx

Lizzy le Roux

###

I sat there, jaw hanging low, and looked at the door John had just walked out of. I couldn't believe my eyes. John Clinton had just walked out on me. John Clinton, my crazy, immature ex-boyfriend was getting married. This was too much. I watched him get into his car and couldn't help but notice the sorrowful look on his face as he glanced in my direction. Or was it regret?  

My arms were heavy and my legs felt week-I needed to get home ASAP. I walked out of Coffee Connexion and went into my car after managing to sign a new waiter's autograph and taking a selfie with her, smiling.  

The sad thing about being well-known is that you always have to smile at fans. Whether you're feeling a bit out of the weather or you're involved in a car accident, you have to smile. I learnt this the hard way when 2 years ago when a girl called me a *female dog* because I was seen talking to her celebrity crush (who doesn't even know her, I must add); and I frowned. All I did was frown and there were a countless number of headlines about why I was frowning. So from there, I learnt to always smile.  

I went to my car, still not feeling well, and started the drive to The Blue Lagoon, my second home. I was only about a kilometer away from the restaurant when John and I's used-to-be song came on the radio. I don't know about other artists, but I still get the thrill when one of my songs come onto the radio; just not this time.  

This song John helped me write for my debut album. It was during our first couple days and I needed to have a song done in the next week but was experiencing Writers Block.  

"I've heard every album, listened to the radio

Waited for something to come along

That was as good as our song..."

I listened to myself singing. The tears trotted down my cheeks. I didn't realize that the traffic lights had turned green until a car honked behind me. I tried driving forward but my hands started shaking like nobody's business. I tried and tried to at least get the car parked on the side and eventually succeeded.  

"Liz," I said on the phone, "please get a cab and come fetch me." "Why? What's wrong with your car? Where are you? What's wrong?" I hung up on her. I was in no mood to be answering her million questions.   "Near Coffee Connexion. Emo break-down. Can't Drive." I sent the text.  

I sat there crying hopelessly until I heard someone knock on my window. I looked at my damaged face in the mirror but didn't even bother fixing myself up. I opened the door and walked around to the passenger seat. Liz knew what to do immediately. Instead of driving to my house or The Blue Lagoon, Liz drove towards the beach. I smiled gratefully at my amazing best friend.  

1 hour and 3 bags of cotton candy later, Liz and I headed off towards The Blue Lagoon. I was laughing the whole way home at her crazy stories. No matter how down you are, Lizzete Waffles can always cheer you up.  

----***----  

"Liz babe, are you sure this is gonna work out?" I asked my best friend. "Tay, babe," she replied, "there's no way you can know if it'll work out or not without trying. And besides," she added, "when have any of my plans never worked?" I laughed. "Besides the time where you almost got arrested because you thought driving at 220km/h was a great idea; when you explained to a 7 year old what a blow-job was and ended up being kicked out of a-"  "I get it!" Liz screamed before I even had a chance to finish my list, "my plans don't always work, but at least I'll have tons of stories to tell my grandkids someday."  "You need kids before you get grandkids; and you need an actual partner 'like Sean' to make the kids with, Liz" "LEAVE ALREADY!" Liz screamed once she heard me mention her no-go topic.  

----***----  

It's been 4 months since John told me he was getting married, but it seems as if I wasn't invited by his lovely bride-to-be. My dear best friend, Liz, had managed to convince me to 'get off my high horse since John won't get off his either' and go 'get my man'. So here I was seated in a back room in the church where the service was to be held; Wedding Crashing. I am not the kind of girl who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion, but then again he is not the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl.  

I received a notification from the app Liz had downloaded to inform me whenever the tabloids had something to say about me.  

"TAYLOR LOSES HIM, AGAIN. John Clinton, Taylor Swift's ex-boyfriend of 3 years, was tagged in a picture by the not-so-famous Lisa Wright with the caption 'MY fiancé and I enjoying our last night as girlfriend and boyfriend: officially a Clinton tomorrow!' Lisa later tweeted the Country Pop singer saying, 'Listening to 'The Boy Is Mine'! Dedicated to dear @taylorswift13! So sad&surprised you cant make 2morrow.'

I stopped reading and laughed. Oh she'll be surprised. I snuck in and saw John's friends and other people who I assumed were Lisa's friends; all dressed in pastel. I could hear Lisa shouting at her bridesmaids somewhere in a room. According to 'Ciello della Sposa', the bridal shop where she got her dress, it was a yucky ball gown shaped like a pastry. Eow. I knew that's definitely not what John thought it would be.   So here I was, hiding behind a curtain. Remember, I wasn't invited by John's lovely bride-to-be. There were people chattering amongst each other as they awaited the bride. The organ started playing the common 'here comes the bride' death marching song; how original. *note sarcasm*  

Lisa started floating down the aisle like a pageant queen. I'd be jealous, but I knew John wished it was me. Don't ask how, I just did. I was stuck in a daydream where I had randomly stood up and said, "Don't say yes, run away now. I'll meet when you're out of the church at the back door..." Then I was interrupted from my daydream by the preacher saying, "Speak now or forever hold your peace."  

I don't think I would've had the power to interrupt the whole wedding procedure (like I had planned to), but when the preacher said the words "or forever hold your peace", I somehow couldn't imagine forever without John. Everyone went silent. There was my last chance. I stood up, from behind my curtain, with shaking hands. Everyone in the room was super shocked, not forgetting the horrified look from Lisa, but I remained focused on John's eyes.   At that moment, I forgot all about being Taylor Swift and the headlines on the tabloids to follow; I was just a small town girl about to get or get rejected by the man of her dreams.

I ignored everyone's phones and cameras, and said directly to John, "I am not the kind of girl who should be rudely barging in on a white veil but you are not the kind of boy who should marrying the wrong girl. So don't say yes; run away now. I'll meet you when you're out of the church at the back door. Don't wait or say a single vow. You need to hear me out." I stood and assessed the scenery before turning and walking out. There was John standing with his mouth agape, Lisa with a proud smirk when Jack didn't respond and the rest of the crowd still amazed. I don't know which was more amusing: A girl confessing her love at the wedding or the fact that the girl was 'Taylor Swift'. Yes, I do refer to myself in 3rd person every once in a while- doesn't everyone? But anyway.  

I started walking away backwards, slowly without taking my eyes off John. I could not believe I had stooped so low; Lizzete is paying for this one. My eyes were teary and just as the first teardrop landed on my cheek, I heard him (through the church speakers) say, "Let's run away now. I'll meet you when I'm out of my tux at the backdoor. Baby I didn't say my vows, so glad you were around when they said speak now."

###

Cliff hanger... ii think :p Feel so hyper! Yeah, thats it! see yall next week♡♡♡

xxx

Lizzy le Roux

♥♥♥