Natives > imports

"So, Zar... refuses to fulfill the request I specifically... assigned him too?... Why?" Asked King Xakro illustratio lll, as he sat in patience, hearing what guard commander Chan had to say.

"I'm about to quote his own words sire. He said, "I'm sick of my father's ways of life and I want to bring equality in Pameres Kingdom." Chan explained, trembling as he quoted what King Zar said, knowing how unstable the man in front of him is.

King Zar however doesn't have fear towards his own extremely powerful father.

Zar grew up knowing that his own father didn't accept him, that was heavy on the conscious so Zar blamed himself for that while growing up, feeling like a failure through a big part of his 27 years of life.

But now that labelled failure managed to take a stand and he made rather great progress so far. Considering how bad Pameres Kingdom was, with 1/3 of the homeless escaping the streets, and with a possible income of over 10k gold coins just from blacksmithing, the first step was taken.

"Did you... tell him that refusing to fulfill a task that I... ordered, would kick him out of the illustratian alliance... forever. He can't undo... what he did." Mumbled Xakro in a cold low projecting tone as if dead of emotions.

"I did, but he is sure about everything. Zar even called you a fool locked in your castle!" Deciphered Chan, swallowing his own spit, voice cracking mid sentence.

"What!" Echoed King Xakro as fire arose underneath his throne and flew harmlessly above his head for 20 feet high before it disappeared into thin air, forcing guard commander Chan to piss his pants.

"Let's burn his Kingdom to the ground! Let's show him what the illustratian Alliance can do!" Pitched Chan in hopes of preventing the King from burning his own castle down with this sort of rage.

Stable enough to be strategic at least, the one eyed man beast contradicted. "Our motherland... is in a military shortage, Crutal Kingdom lost... 939 people when the Electus attacked and... the snow Ignites could attack... by any moment."

And further extending the risk of which the snow Ignites illuminate, the King cited. "They managed to... invade the capital of Septemtrionis... Ignis and withstand so many attacks already, they surely discovered... some sort of power that gave them victory."

"So what I understand from that is, you don't want to lose more soldiers?" Asked Chan, struggling to keep up even though the King took time finishing his sentences.

Surprisingly remaining patient, the face torched King explained. "Correct. I can't risk weakening... the capital. Right now we need... to spend a fortune to strengthen our defences. We are near... the border. The snow Ignites could attack any time they please."

Finally able to catch up with strategies that don't befit a drunkard, Chan asked. "How can we strengthen our defences? The domains in the motherland are in a shortage as well."

Almost syncing into half a smile, the torched man cited. "There are untapped resources that we overlooked, this domain has over 1000... imported guards who aren't natives. These are easier to get from our motherland, which means that... we can turn the imports we have here, into workers."

Surprisingly insightful for once in his life, Chan gathered the guts to point out the flaw. "How is that strengthening the defences? We would be losing guards that way."

Proving himself worthy of position, Xakro pitched. "We just have to make sure that Crutal Kingdom never collapses economically... no one can assure that Ignis will forever be under my control, for the sake of safety, we need a self... sustaining budget."

Reaching back the first point, he slightly yelled. "If we turn 500 imported guards into workers, we would... still have over 1,000 guards in total when combined with the natives."

After he took a few seconds to comprehend the whole plan and not quite understanding why he expressed all of this with a guard commander, all Chan could say was. "Amazing, you just found a perfect solution."

Wanting to put his plan into action, Xakro ordered. "No time for... admiration, get me Aaron. Both of you will be... busy this month."