Wolf Meat

"What about the Hunters sire? How many Hunters do you need?" Puzzled Alama, eagerly waiting to write down what King Zar has to say.

About this, the King first thought of how many materials are required. Citing, "Hunters, hmmmm. We just need enough leather to produce enough leather straps."

Counting its benefits, he mouthed. "A lot of straps should come from one piece of leather, meaning we can sell any extra leather for reasonable prices."

Able to catch up, Alama weighted in. "Meaning you don't need apprentices running around I assume?"

Looking at this solely gold-wise, Zar chirps. "We don't really have enough orders to hire a bunch of apprentices in order to tame the Demands."

Furthermore there are different risks such as having to deal with big bad animals, no one would want to face any kind of bear for a low pay.

Therefore people who know what they are doing, or at least know how to flee. Are demanded. Having a good memory is a plus too, as most Hunters will be setting up several traps each.

An idea in mind about the apprentices, Alama asked. "Do you have any hunters under your employment? They can mentor apprentices if demands get sharper."

Trying to shift this topic fast so they can immediately sync into proper topics, business. Zar mumbled through, "I couldn't hire Hunters just for leather straps before, not when I could have them imported here. But now we need our own local products due to independence and such, so Hunters are a must."

"Makes sense, a Grand decision if you ask me." Now getting to a topic the King will find indefinitely interesting, Alama asked. "How many Hunters do you need though?"

"Thank you, I need only 10 Hunters.
They should have at least 3 years of experience. The pay is 200 Gold Coins a month with a 60 Gold Coins bonus each year." Might look a bit low considering the craft, but the whole Income can't be blown on employees.

Emerging further in the demands, Zar specified point by point. "The hunter shall be at least 25 years old as well, as it is his or her responsibility to bring their hunt here to the Kingdom."

Curious, wanting to implement any outstanding idea in her own businesses. Alama itched to ask, "But what if it is a Wolf carcass? What else could you need from that except leather?"

Not having this quite thought out, but knowing what to do easily. Zar cited, "It's not too tasty, but we can sell it here. And donate half of them to the homeless, should kill two birds with one stone."

Surprised how such short ideas can work in the long run, Alama gasped. "With this move you will earn an Income in 3 ways and make sure your citizens don't starve. That idea is ground breaking Sire bit aren't you being too strict recruitment-wise?"

With the requirements written down, the King feels a bit easier about indulging towards off topic talk. "One wolf leather is easily enough to make around 20 Iron Swords, the last thing we need is to stack leather and fur we can't sell."

Filtering that the King is easier on the tone now, she wanted to squeeze this hour as a learning opportunity to the furthest extent. "I see your point of view when it comes to financial but I do have one more question if you don't mind answering. It piqued my curiosity ever since I left to reach Gaster Kingdom!"

Since the recruitment talk is aside, Zar easily expressed in a form of gratitude. "Ask anything you please miss Alama, striking a deal of such importance for the Kingdom has already made you an honorary guest."

More of an opinion really, she contradicted. "Thank you Sire. I have questions about your choice of building 100 houses! I feel that it isn't the best idea."

Not willing to take offense but willing to listen considering he knows this lady will come forward with real thoughts, he swiftly spoke. "How come? Tell me more!"

Specifying this statistically instead of giving rough guesses, she chirps. "Well there were only about 500 homeless people, giving homes to 100 workers took over ⅓ of the homeless off of the streets since they dragged close family members in as well." 

Stating the hardest but yet amazing part to comprehend after, she admired. "And you didn't even build any of the houses yet, you did all of that with 10 houses!"

Understanding what the lady means, Zar queried for the sake of reassurance. "Do you think that I'm building more houses than we need?"

Deciding not to beat around the bush anymore, she firmly answered. "Well, yes! Even if you cram two families in one house, you would still need 50 houses only to get rid of the homeless."

Covering his idea with the firm fact of good will, he added. "I don't just plan to get rid of the homeless, I plan for even poorest of the poor to become wealthy with enough hard work. To achieve that goal I need houses where people can live on, furthermore to pay tax."

Getting the idea of what's going on, perhaps not the full extent. She asked, "So it is all about the taxes? The more there are to pay taxes, the more you can offer them?"

Lining out where petty and work divides, he stated. "A bit like that and the more I turn the experienceless to experienced, the more the Kingdom's overall livelihood will grow. This is all for the people, but they need to do their part as well either way."