Ch 8: Water Trouble

Yay! Another update! Are you proud of us? I know I am!

Well, I don't want to waste too much of your precious reading time (also I have no idea what to say, haha) so enjoy!

~ Elsie

-----

"Do you think she's telling the truth? Do you really think she can get us off here?" Ryan asked Grace, Graham, Dez, and Yaz as they walked a few feet behind the Doctor and Clarity. The sand was more of a whitish color now, dead shriveled trees scattered about. Strange rags hanging on the trees identical to the one Dez had found earlier.

"She saved Karl, she got the better of Tim Shaw, and she did jump a crane. Don't know what would've happened if she hadn't have been there." Yaz admitted.

"He would've taken Karl, and me and you would probably have been sent to investigate if his father filed a missing persons." Dez proposed a scenario to Yaz and the rest of them. "Clarity wouldn't have her current .... issues, Zappy would still be running amok causing havoc. Who knows maybe it would've zapped us once we checked out the crane and that's only if we all made it that far. For all we know we could have all most likely have had our bodies blown up while sittin at home watching the Telly. That Stenza was a bloody git"

"Oh, Dez is right, we'd all probably be dead if not for her." Grace nodded in the timelady's direction.

"But then again, we are currently dying on an alien planet. So, there is still that." Dez remarked beginning to feel a little parched. Her lips were already getting chapped. She'd kill for a bottle of water and some lip balm.

"I mean, she's our best hope. Or only option, depending on your politics." Graham commented.

"Guess so. Don't argue with the wisdom of Graham, eh?" Ryan smiled a bit ruefully as he walked.

"So we're sticking with "Graham", are we, and not "Grandad"?" Graham made yet another attempt.

"Yes, Graham." Ryan nodded looking straight ahead. Dez shot an annoyed look towards Ryan. Here was a man who offered him unconditional love and support and he was just turning away in return? How could he be takin something like that for granted with his father being such an arse?

Graham sighed, Grace patting his shoulder. "Chin up, Love. He'll say it when he's ready."

"Ooh, this is a cute little alien dock." Clarity smiled to herself as her and the Doctor made it to the waters edge journeying onto a petite smoothed out dock with firm edges. Clarity had been picturing something spooky and falling apart so this was a nice surprise.

"I said, stay away from the boat." Epzo glared pointing his gun at both Callidoroha and Angstrom.

"You don't get this to yourself." Angstrom protested with a glare.

"This blaster says I do." Epzo replied his tone unwavering. He had already pulled the trigger in his mind. Now he just had to follow through in real life.

Callidoroha hissed venomously at him stepping closer. All her horns extending in a threatening manner.

"You don't scare me anymore. That trick may have worked the first time but it's gotten real old since day one." Epzo refuses to back down.

"Put the blaster down." The Doctor ordered walking up to him Clarity still at her side. "We all know you're not gonna use it. No injuring, no killing, no sabotage. Isn't that what what's-his-face said?"

"Yeah, well,that only applies to them two." Epzo replied. Before the Doctor could react Epzo pointed his gun at Clarity and fired. A red energy bullet hitting her right in the chest. He was sick of these two competitors and he sure as hell wasn't backing down. All he had to do was make sure the witnesses stay quiet, what better way than kill one of them as a warning. He had the cover up all planned out. He could toss three bodies in the river to dispose of the evidence. Ilin wasn't watching, and it was his word against these strangers. If he switched his blaster with Callidoroha's then he could get away with it for sure.