Ch 4: The Fall

Gasp! Another chapter in span of three weeks? Woo! That's quick for us. (Don't get use to it haha) We've been working very hard on this chapter, and we're finally nearing the end of episode one and getting closer and closer to the next one! So, we hope you enjoy!

~ Elsie

-----

"He took her...he took her with him." Graham's voice echoed across the silent roof as he feared for his granddaughter's life. She must be terrified and what that thing could do... Grace's hug wasn't enough to quell his worry for Clarity. The feeling clawed at his heart threatening to shred it into scraps if anything bad were to happen to her.

"Where have they gone?" Yaz asked. She placed her hands over her chest, trying to calm her racing heart. Panicking wouldn't do any good in this situation. All her police training was telling her to keep her head. Though she never thought she'd be in the middle of a hostage situation so early in her career, and she especially didn't think any aliens would be involved.

"To hunt," The woman replied, dread in her voice.This feeling of loss was new and old to her, the feeling of failure pounding in her head in time with her hearts. How could she have been so careless? No, not careless, worse than that, She had gotten cocky, wanted to impress her new friends, impress her. Maybe she had even wanted to impress herself, prove to whoever she was in the past or going to be in the future that she still had it. That she could save the day with a mere point of her screwdriver and some clever words. But because of that, because of her, this poor sweet blue human was gonna pay for it. The woman had never encountered the Stenza before, at least something in her told her that she hadn't. But she would be damned if she let this Tim Shaw with a z in his name win. She had to protect this planet, and everyone on it. No, hang on, not just protect, protecting is only half the job. She had to save it, save the humans, she had a duty of care and the woman intended to continue honoring it. The woman stood herself up, and gazed out over the city then up to the sky. No, his ship was on earth and so was Carl, so that meant Clarity was still on the planet, still in Sheffield. That was good at least. Less ground to cover. She had to find her. She couldn't lose anybody else, least of all her.

"Hunt who? What's he gonna do to my cousin!?" Ryan questioned, praying to whatever God that was out there that his cousin didn't try to do something incredibly stupid like try to take Carl's place. He could imagine her doing that far too easily. He felt queezy just at the thought of it.

"Isn't it obvious?" The woman replied, whirring her sonic around in every direction in a fruitless attempt to track them. She wouldn't revert the teleport again, it was too high of a risk with Clarity. Her fragile human skin wouldn't stand a chance against Tim Shaw's cold touch. "Odds are he won't do anything to Clarity until he finds and collects his trophy, but after he does there's really no telling what he might do to her."

"Best guess?" Grace prodded, as she attempted to console her husband to no avail.

"Kill her, probably, but we are not going to let that happen," The woman promised as she circled the roof.

"So, just to sum up, he's hunting Carl," Deserey noted with a grim frown. "And your cousin just got thrown right in the middle of it all now."

"You say that like it's her fault," Ryan glared. This girl's attitude was really starting to get on his nerves. Ryan had half the nerve to tell her to bugger off via the nearest ledge. Why did she have to keep puttin' Clarity down and at a time like this no less? Clari, wasn't even here to defend herself for cryin out loud. His cousin was the nicest person one could ever meet, and this Deserey was hating on her for no reason at all. Clarity didn't deserve to be kidnapped, Ryan almost wished that ugly tooth fairy had taken Dez instead. She seemed more deserving of an abduction.