42

"W-What do you mean?" He asks.

"You heard me. Tell me everything you remember about us. What do you know?" I challenged.

"Pretend that I'm not here." He huffs out a breath and closed his eyes as he nodded.

"Almost a year ago, I fell inlove with a woman." He gave me a soft smile before wrapping his large hands on the warm cup of tea infront of him. "She was a human, and I.. I wasn't."

"I met her one night when she decided to get lost and ended up right at my grave. It was the first sign of life that I've seen for a long time. So her image became my definition of life. Little did I know, she'd give me more than just a definition."

"She wasn't scared of me. To be honest, I am. I am scared of her. She's so alive and it intimidates me. But as time passes by, I began to be comfortable and just let her life surround me. I couldn't help but want to be alive again despite knowing the pain of losing and dying. I want to be alive because I want to be like her. I remember telling her how lucky she is and she'll always give me that smile that gives me assurance. Assurance that even though I'm dead, I'm still not alone. I have her." He looked up and his eyes bore at me with so much emotion. Tears were threatening to fall but I am decided not to show any emotions so I blinked them all away. Him, on the other hand, bravely wore his vulnerability and let his tears fell.

I gave him a light nod, urging him to continue. "My world revolved around her before I knew it. My soul was unconcious of the time and day whenever she's here. She gave me a taste of what it's like to be alive again, to exist. She gave me the best of me and wants me to share her universe. She influenced me in everything and slowly, I fell."

"I fell in love with the girl who saved me. I fell in love with the girl who smiled at me that night I was alone in the cemetery, weeping for my own death. I fell in love with the girl who held me tight whenever my darkest nightmares would haunt me mercilessly. I... I fell in love with the girl that shared me her life." He bowed his head down as tears finally managed to break through my eyes. And there we sat, weeping over a ton of mixed emotions.

"It was hopeless, I was hopeless. I am a soul and she's alive. It's wrong wherever you look at it but she acted like she didn't know that. She acted like I'm just like her. She loved me more than I deserve. It was the happiest I have ever been. Being with her, seeing her smile, and hearing her voice, it made me stop wanting to be alive. The only thing I wanted was her. But then I knew I had to let her go. It hurts me to see her cry the night I told her to be happy even when I'm gone. I want to be selfish and be the only one to make her happy but I know I can't. Not when I love her too much. I can't drag her down and leave her in misery when I'm gone. I love her too much to make her suffer that even though it pains me, I want to see her happy with someone else." He gave me a little smile which I couldn't return. My heart felt like being broken and fixed again. I felt lost but everytime I look at his eyes, nothing else mattered and everything is suddenly found.

He's here. My Taehyung's here.

"The moment I woke up, I wanted to see you, to run to you. But I can't. Not yet. So Jin-hyung became my way. He talks to you while I listened. I wanted to come home to you, baby, I really do. So I tried to get myself back. I got better. And now, here I am." He said with a smile. He gave me a concerned look when he saw how I was crying. "Stop crying, baby, please. You know I hate seeing you like this. Y/N, stop now. I can't wipe those tears away."

"Kiss me." I sobbed. His mouth went agape. This is the last way to see if he's Taehyung. I want to feel him.

I need to feel him.

"Y-Y/N, are--"

"Just shut up and kiss me." He stood up and slowly walked towards me. His eyes stayed focused on mine as I did the same to him. Tons of emotions came flooding and it makes me want nothing more than to feel his lips on me.

I felt a wave of warmth wash through me as his hand pressed on mine. Ever so gently, he held my hand against his and held it up to his chest, where I could feel faint yet certainly there thumps erupting. My eyes followed our hands as his stayed on mine.

"Can you feel me, kitten?" He asked with a soft smile. I nodded and bit my lip. "It's me. Taehyung." He held my hand against his cheek and delivered a soft kiss to my wrist. My whole body almost trembled and my knees went weak.

"O-Oh my God." I whispered. I looked back at him and saw him gauging my reactions. "T-Tae."

And with that, his lips fell on mine. Everything around me vanished. I couldn't even feel my own body. All I knew at that moment was he's here and he's back home to me. Our lips molded in a way that would make all my questions go away. His warmth rushed against me as we shared this passionate kiss. The next thing I knew, my hands were tugging at his strands and his arms were crushing me against his body. We kissed for God knows how long but I seem to can't get enough.

"Fuck, I missed you." Taehyung whispered, diving again and giving me a peck. He rested his forehead against mine as I catched my breath. We stood there in silence as we drown in each other's presence. "I'm home."

"Yes, baby. Yes, you are."

"I'm sorry I took so long. I didn't mean to. I just-- I want to be s-someone you-- you'll--" Taehyung began sobbing as tears fell from his eyes.

"I love you." I whispered, hoping that it would be enough to assure him that it's fine. That everything is alright now.

"I love you."

A/N: I was planning to update tomorrow but I couldn't help it. I just finished watching BangBangCon Day 1 and I've been so emotional! I really want to go to a real concert rn lmao.

What are your thoughts about this chapter? Please continue to vote and comment, lovelies! Stay safe. Borahae xx