Chapter 21 | Expectations

Start from the beginning

"E-Everything's alright at home," she starts shakily, the male beside her gesturing for her to continue, "they've all settled in well... Arthur and Francis have a bit of a spat every now and again but it's no more than a bit of banter," she lets out a breathy laugh at the thought of their childish arguments, "aside from that, everyone's getting along well, b-but..."

"But..?" Sadik urges gently.

(Y/N) seems to hesitate, downcast eyes meeting Sadik's which search hers, silently pleading for an answer with a hint of suspicion laced in his brown and speckled green irises. His lips thin into a frown, "What did they do?" He inquires sternly.

"Nothing!" (Y/N) quips back, "it's just that—" she collapses against his chest, face hurried in her hands as she holds back the waterworks once more, "—I don't know! T-They've been nothing but sweethearts b-but... it..-it's like they expect so much from me..." she admits, pulling away so her hands reveal her glistening (E/C) orbs, "the praise and affection— i-its not something I deserve! I mean, I don't mind it every now and again but sometimes it's too much! A-And I don't want to say anything because..." her voice lowers, "t-they've already been through so much... They worry about me enough and it's only recently they've all became use to me and each other, I'm— I'm scared that if I tell them, they'll drift away again... feeling neglected— as if their a problem when their really not, I just—" she sniffs, a single tear trailing down her cheek as she restrains a series of sobs that threaten to rack her body.

"Need some space, huh?" Sadik finishes for her, eyes softening as he takes note of her mental conflict. The female nods at his words.

"...I-I just feel like they expect so much from me, a-and it's pressuring me. I feel like I have so many high expectations to reach b-but I can't!" She cries out, shaking her head as those same, salty tears treat down her cheeks once more, "i-it feels like I'm carrying a skyscraper on my shoulders that could collapse any minute— like I'm flying one moment and falling the next— an-and I'm scared of heights, Sadik... but I'm terrified of falling," she breathes shakily, chest heaving with every short and ragged intake of air, "...I don't want to fail them, Sadik... but I feel like they have such high standards I just need to reach—.. b-but I can't... and I feel like I never will..."

"(Y/N)..."
The female ignores his soft draw of attention and looks up at him with wide, heart-rending eyes.

"...I don't know what to do, Sadik," she murmurs, leaning against him with a blank stare, gazing into oblivion as she pays no mind to the small droplets of water trickling down her chin, "I don't know what to do..." she whimpers.

"Sevgili lord," Sadik mutters under his breath, pulling the girl into his chest. He rests his chin atop her head, rubbing her back soothingly as he feels her begin to shake in his grasp, muffled cries reaching his ears and causing them to twitch, "it's alright, minik serçe... it's alright..." he presses a light kiss to her forehead, eyebrows furrowing as his eyes narrow beneath his mask. He didn't like the situation at all. These hybrids, the ones his golden hearted friend had to graciously taken under her roof, were the base of this problem, the roots that continued to sprout and grow. They were the ones keeping up his friend at night, plaguing her mind with doubts and worries to the point it forces her to awaken at 3am in the morning to find a source of comfort. He didn't like the sound of these men causing her so much mental pain.
He didn't like it one bit.

And he was determined to make it come to a stop.

Immediately.

*——————————————————————————————————————————————*