Chapter 21 | Expectations

Start from the beginning

*——————————————————————————————————————————————*

The sound of pounding wood echoes throughout the darkened café. Sadik sits up abruptly at the sound, lemur ears twitching in irritation as the knocking continues, only small breaks in between the banging noise.

"Alright—alright!" Sadik yells, letting out a long yawn afterwards. He sleepily trots down the stairs from his room located above the café, rubbing his eyes sleepily before placing back on his normal mask as he approaches the door. He blinks at the sight of a familiar figure pacing the outside, "(Y/N)...?" He swings open the door, "what are you doing here it's like 3am— what happened!?" He ceases his original train of thought, eyes widening at the sight of his disheveled friend; eyes puffy and red, hair framing her face in messy waves and clothes crinkled— the Turkish hybrid immediately ushers the female inside, closing and locking the door behind her.

He heads behind the front counter and switches on the back lights, illuminating the room however, not enough to cause any irritation to their eyes. He swiftly makes his way to the girl, quickly whipping up a cup of hot chocolate with (marshmallows/whipped cream/both marshmallows and whipped cream), before handing the cup to her, leading the puffy-eyed woman to one of the lightened booths.

Sadik leans forwards, taking a seat across from her, and rubs her arm comfortingly as she takes a timid sip from the cup, muttering a small, 'thank you' in the process. His brows furrow, tail swishing on the cushioned chair beside him as he allows the female to compose herself before speaking, "Minik serçe?" he starts, voice soft as to gently draw the girl's attention, "...what's wrong?"

At those two words, everything seems to come crashing down on the poor individual. (Y/N)'s (E/C) orbs glaze over in salty, crystal tears, her lower lip beginning to quiver. Her delicate hands clench around the mug handed to her, knuckles growing white with her tight grip. Her mind goes blank before reality seems to sink in, breath hitching in her throat before everything suddenly comes pouring out.

She releases her grasp on the mug, cupping her face in her hands as she slouches into the seats, legs curling up underneath her as a sob escapes her lips. Tears catch onto her dark eyelashes, some slipping from between her closed eyes and dropping onto the polished wood of the table. Without thinking, Sadik leaps up from his place across the booth and moves to sit beside her, pulling her into his lap and into a tight, comforting embrace. He holds her in a warm hug, not minding the tears soaking into the collar of his shirt, simply sitting still and allowing the girl to let everything out— not everybody needs comforting words, sometimes all they need is a comforting embrace in pure silence.

Soon enough, the echoing sobs die down into light sniffles with an occasional hiccup. (Y/N) lifts her head up from the crook of the male's neck and lets out a shaky breath, "T-Thanks, Sadik," she sniffs, "...I-I'm so sorry about your shirt, I—"

He shushes her, "Who cares about a shirt, ey? This piece of fabric is replaceable, you however, are not. And what matters right now is what's eating at you so much at three-a.m. in the morning," his eyes soften, "so, take in a deep breath, minik serçe— and speak. Take all the time you need..."

(Y/N) nods and follows his instructions, thankful for her friend's understanding. She breathes in deeply, wiping away the few remaining tears before talking, "Th..The truth is, Sadik... I..-I don't know..." she explains, holding in the sudden urge to cry once again, "it's just... difficult and I don't—"

"Hey, hey, hey... it's alright," Sadik gives her a gentle squeeze in comfort, "lets start with this; how are things going back at the apartment?" He patiently awaits a response as the girl takes in another few breaths to recompose herself to some small extent.