Chapter 52

*Emma's POV*

Wilmer walked into the living room and I felt mom's grip around me get tighter.
He looked sober, which was a good thing.
I heard mom let out a sigh of relief too.

He looked at us and just stood there, awkwardly. He didn't know what to do and neither did we.

"So, are you gonna tell what you did all day?" mom snorted, trying not to show her pain.
I could feel it, though, in the way she held me. She was hurting badly. All day she hid it, so she could take care of us, but she was hurting badly.
She didn't wanna show him, though. She wanted to show him that he can't mess with her.

"I was out"

"No kidding. Where were you?"

"What do you even care?"

"I care because your kids don't deserve not to have a dad. As much as I like it not to have you home, the kids don't. Why did the kids have dinner without dad? Why did the kids go to bed without having a good night kiss from dad? Why did they have to spent the whole day with mom? Why wasn't dad there?" she spoke slowly, trying not to break down.

"Maybe it's because I can't function normally, knowing I hurt the most important people in my life"

"You're hurting them even more by not being here"

"You said you like not having me here"

"I'm not the only person in this house"

"You are the most important one"

"Yeah? What about your kids? Don't they mean anything to you?"

"Of course they do. They mean the world to me, but I can't be there for them knowing I hurt you. I just can't do it"

"So where were you then?"

"I was talking a walk. Clearing my head"

"All day, Wilmer? All day? You were just walking around all day?"

"Yeah. Why is it do hard to believe?"

"Well, I don't know. Maybe because no one in their right mind, especially a guy like you, would do that"

"Why not?"

"Never mind" she muttered.

"You think I was hooking up with someone, don't you?"

"It wouldn't have surprised me"

"Demi, you know that I changed. I'm not like that anymore"

"Yeah? You didn't think I changed, though"

"I told you I didn't mean it, yesterday"

"You still said it"

"And I said I was sorry. What more do you want?" he started to raise his voice.

"Don't you dare start yelling. The kids are sleeping and I don't need crying kids now"
She started taking deep breaths and I joined her, both trying not to cry.

"No, but we do need two crying woman, don't we?" he snorted, as he looked at us.

"Why didn't you just stay out? Who even asked you to come back?" mom whispered.

"If I'm correct, it's you who just told me to be there for my kids"

"During the day, idiot. They're sleeping now. They don't even know that you're home"

"Then maybe I should go wake them up"

"Maybe you shouldn't" she yelled.

"Who's the one screaming now, huh?"

"Shut the fuck up, okay? Seriously, what's wrong with you?"

"You. You're what's wrong with me. The fact that I married you, that's what's wrong with me. That I had kids with you, that's what's wrong with me. That I loved you and that I still do, even now, that's what's wrong with me" he said, but you could see that he regretted it the second he said it.

Mom bit her lip hard, trying not to cry, but still burst into tears.

"Are you out of your mind?!" I yelled. I just couldn't hold it in anymore, "What the fuck, dad? Why would you even say something like that? Do you know how much she does for you? Do you know how hard it was today without you here, while she had to pretend nothing was wrong, so that the kids won't have to deal with your bullshit? Do you know how hard that is for her? She loves you. Why can't you see that she loves you more then she loves herself? Why can you just give her a little break and stop being such a dick? Why do you keep saying these things, you know you're not supposed to say? If it was such a mistake marrying her, how come you were together for so long? Why would it even come up in your head to say that? She would never do that to you. Even if she is mad, she wouldn't say something like that. You should be ashamed of yourself. I can't believe you" I was shaking with anger, as tears were furiously making their way down my face.

"Emma, calm down" mom whispered, "Please, calm down"

"Do you see that?" I continued yelling, "She knows I wanna hit you in the balls right now. She knows damn well I wanna do that, but she's holding me back, cause she loves you. Cause she respects you enough not to let me do that. But you? You disgust me. You disgust me so much. I can't fucking believe you"

"Emma, that's enough. Go to bed, baby. It's gonna be okay. Good night, bubba. I love you" mom hugged me, as she cried and sent me upstairs.
Much against my will I listened to her and walked to the stairs.

"You should learn from her, idiot" I snapped at dad, right before I walked up.
It felt good defending mom like that, but it felt horrible knowing I was the reason this even had to happen.
I could hear them talking downstairs, as I heard Toria wake up.

I walked into their room and got Toria out of her crib. I held her in my arms and sat down on mom and dad's bed. Soon she fell back asleep, and before I knew it I fell asleep too. On mom and dad's bed, with Toria in my arms.

-----
Next update: Friday

Message me if you need someone to talk to.
Stay strong,
I love you!