Chapter 4

*Emma's POV*

This was so embarrassing, but I couldn't help myself. Ever since the accident I didn't really have time to grieve for my loss since I had to make sure Matt and Millie were ok. I had only met Demi today and didn't really feel comfortable telling her anything yet.

'It's ok, darling. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to' She said. I felt really comfortable in her arms. She looked like a very loving and caring person with a good heart. So did her husband. I looked back up at the kids and saw them playing catch with Wilmer. I thought it was really cute how he played with kids. You could see the love in his eyes.

'Thank you' I said to Demi when I looked back at her, and we both pulled away.

'You're welcome, sweetie. If you want to talk I'm always here for you' she said. I could hear in her voice that she really meant it, not like all those people who say it and then never have time for you. I really liked their family. They were so down to earth and sweet. And Rose, she was just adorable.

'Can I ask you something else?' Demi asked, breaking our silence.

'Sure' I said, a little nervous.

'I saw you dancing on the beach, which was really cute by the way, but I didn't recognize the songs. Who sings them?'

'I do' I said

'Really?! Wow, that's amazing! And who wrote them?'

'I did too'

'Oh wow. So you're a singer? I don't thing I've ever seen any of your albums in a store, but you could here that it was done in a studio. Do you have a whole album?'

'Yeah, I have a whole album and it was done in a studio, but I'm not a professional singer' I said

'You do sound like one' she said with a smile. 'Why don't you sell your CD's?'

'When I made the album it was just for fun, I didn't plan to sell it and become a singer. So we have a few copies at home for ourselves'

'Would you mind if I have one?' She asked.

'No not at all, but why would you want it?' I asked

'Well, I really enjoyed it and I think your singing is great. I'm a singer too so maybe we can help each other, that is, if you want to' she said

'You're a singer?' I asked

'Yep. Demi Lovato for you here' She said with a smile.

'Like, worldwide?' I asked

'Yep'

'So I'm siting next to a celebrity?'

'Yeah, but I'd rather you just see me as Demi your friend, mother of Rose, wife of Wilmer. No famous person. That's what I like a lot about this town. The people here are so in their own world. Everyone knows everyone and is fine with that. They're not running around stalking people or stuff like that. No one has recognized us here and it feels really good to just be a normal person' she said.

'Yeah, the people in this town don't really listen to all the music that's going around now. We like to have our own. We sometimes come together and just sit around and have fun. We sing our own songs and no one judges anyone. It's really amazing. But are you currently working on an album or anything?'

'No, me and Wilmer both took a break from our work when Rose was born and we still didn't go back. I'm really enjoying the peace and I'm trying to make it last. I do plan on making an album, but I won't be touring after that or anything. I just wanna spent time with my family now, while the kids are still young'

'Kids? Do you have more kids?'

'Haha no, but we do want more in the near future' she said.

'Yeah, kids are amazing. They can be a lot of work, but it's really worth it'

'How do you know? You don't have kids do you?'

'No I don't, but I take care of Matt and Millie and I love them to death' I answered.

'Hey Emma! how are you doing?' Wilmer asked coming back to the bench with the kids.

'I'm fine, thank you. How are you?'

'I'm great! Matt's such a fast runner, I couldn't keep up with him' he said taping Matt on his back. Matt looked at the ground blushing a little. He was so cute.

'Tell me about it' I said chuckling 'I think he's the fastest runner I know and running after him is no fun, if you want to stay alive'

'Rose good run too' Millie said.

'Yes darling, you and Rose are also good runners' I said picking her up and siting her on my lap.

'Em, I tired' she said putting her head on my shoulder.

'Ok baby, we can go home and take a nap if you want to'

'Rose come too?'

'I don't think so, baby. You have to take a nap'

'But I want Rose!'

'Maybe she can come when you wake up' I suggested looking at Demi.

'Sure, we'll come in about two hours, ok Millie?' Demi asked her.

'Yeah!'

'Ok let's go now' I said standing up and giving Demi a hug, while Matt gave Wilmer a hug.

'Hey, don't I get a hug?' Wilmer asked me, when we started walking away. I smiled and walked back to him, giving him a hug. He kissed me on my forehead and we both smiled.

'I really like Wilmer' Matt said on our way home. 'He's really fun to play with'

'I know, they're a very nice family' I answered.

'Macy, we have guest for dinner' I said when we came home and Millie was in bed.

'Who?'

'A family that's on vacation here'

'How many are they?'

'They're three, but one's a one and a half year old kid'

'Great, so now Millie had a new friend'

'Yeah, she does and it's adorable!' I said walking to the couch and sitting down next to Matt. He leaned his head on my shoulder, once I was next to him. We loved cuddling while watching TV. We just sat there in silence enjoying each others company. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock and saw that two hours had passed since we came home from the park. Before we had a chance to stand up, Demi, Wilmer and Rose we're in the room smiling at us.