Chapter 31

*Demi's POV*

"How are you?" I asked Marissa, after calming down a little.

"I'm good! How are you feeling?"

"I'm great, just a little tired. So you live here now?"

"Yeah, just a few minutes away"

"I can't believe you didn't tell me!"

"I wanted it to be a surprise. The kids are really cute, by the way"

"I know. How's Dave?" I asked, looking at him.

"He's good. A little confused, at the moment, though"

"You dealing okay with the divorce?"

"Yeah, I guess. It's hard and Dave still asks for daddy, every so often. We're still on speaking terms, for the sake of Dave, we don't want him to grow up without a dad, so he'll visit us at least twice a year and he sends checks every two month. We also FaceTime or Skype at least once a week, so Dave doesn't forget him. We aren't really friends, but we can talk normally to each other. It's not like we hate each other now, you know. We both loved each other, at a certain moment, and we were very happy and had good times together. It just wasn't working, so we split up, but we try to remember the good times of it all. So Dave can have both of his parents in his life, without having to experience the fighting going on between them" she said.
We talked a little more, till we joined the rest.

I was in the kitchen with Emma, making dinner. Everyone else was in the living room.
I had just fed Toria and she was with Wilmer now.

"Did you know Marissa was coming?" I asked Emma, still a little excited that she's living here again.

"Yeah, I did"

"I forgot to tell you about her, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did"

"You mad?"

"No, but when Dallas said she was coming, I had no idea who she was. They told me about her, though, before we picked you up" She said.

"I saw you talking to her"

"Yeah. We got to know each other a little"

"I bet she new a lot about you already. I've told her"

"Yeah, she told me, but she didn't mind hearing it twice. It's more fun to hear it from the prison itself, then from some word lady, right?" She joked.

"Can you pass me a spoon, honey?" I asked her, after sending her a death glare.

"Sure" she said, giving me a spoon.
She sat down at the kitchen table.

"You okay there?" I asked.

"Yeah, my feet just hurt like a bitch. I have no idea why, though. If you need more help, I can still help you though"

"Please watch your language, tiger, okay? And no, it's fine. Sit down and relax a little. You can use some rest" I said.

"Look who's talking"

"What do you mean?"

"I can use some rest?! You're the one that just gave birth and didn't sleep well last night. And probably won't sleep well for the next few month"

"Sweetie, I'm fine" I smiled at her.
I heard my phone go off.
I just got a text.

"Hon, would you mind getting my phone from the living room?" I asked Emma.

"Sure" she said, standing up and leaving the kitchen.
She came back with my phone and handed it to me.

"My hands are dirty. Can you open the text and read it to me?" I asked.

"Okay"

"Who's it from?" I asked.

"It's from an unknown number" she said.

"What does it say?"

"Hey Dems,
First of all, I heard you just got another kid, so congrats on your new baby! I also heard you adopted three other kids. I know how much you wanted a big family, so I'm really happy for you.
Second, I know we haven't seen or talked to each other in a long time, but I miss you and would really like to meet up with you sometime soon. I'm really sorry for everything that has happened between us and I hope we can work it out and make things better. I love you!
Xox" Emma read.

"Okay... That's weird" I said.

"You know who it's from?"

"Not sure, but I have someone in mind"

"Old friend of yours?"

"I think so"

"What happened between you?"

"I'm not sure if I have the right person in mind, so I don't wanna say anything yet, but I will tell you once I know, okay?" I asked her.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her anything, but I didn't wanna ruin my relationship with her, by never telling her anything.

"Do I get to meet this person, or at least know about her, before she all of a sudden is also part of our family?" she asked, joking a little.

"Of course you will, sweetie. If I go to meet up with her, I'll take you along. Sound good?"

"Sure, I'd love to!" she smiled.

"Great! Now will you please set the table?" I asked her.

"Course" she said.
She stood up and began to set the table. Maddie soon came to help her and Dallas helped me in the kitchen. Mom, dad, Marissa and Wilmer, with Toria in his arms, were still talking on the couch and Rob was playing with the kids. God, I love my family so much.

We all had dinner and everyone left, promising to have another family night real soon.
I brought the girls to bed and added a new tradition to it.
Until now, Wilmer gives a kiss on the forehead and I give a hug. If he brings them to bed, he reads a story and if I bring them, I sing a song. We do that to Millie, Rose and Matt. Emma just gets a kiss and a hug, since she doesn't want a story or a song, of course. I mean, she's already fifteen.
Anyway, we now added Toria. She gets to lay down in bed with them for two minutes, before I leave the room.

After I put them to bed, I decided to go to sleep, too. I went downstairs, gave everyone a goodnight hug and went upstairs with Toria. I fed her and she fell asleep. I lay in bed, thinking about this text I got.
Who is it? And if it is the person I think it is, why is she contacting me now? And how did she get my number? How does she even know I have a baby?
I was trying to get my answers, but soon fell asleep.

-----
Next update: Friday

Message me if you need someone to talk to.
Stay strong,
I love you!