Backstories and Facts: Grian, Taurts, Scar, Jellie, Zee, Zed, and Pearl

Grian: High Elf Gold Dragon Sorcerer.

He is the heir of the Elven Kingdom of Ragni. Father was the king, and on his father's side, one great grandmother married a Gold Dragon and is where Grian got the sorcerer powers. He's not well liked by half the noble children because they were all jealous that he got his powers just by being born while they had to work to become Eldritch Knights and Wizards. As a result, he's often used powers to play mischievous tricks on those who openly bully him. This usually gets them to leave him alone, but the bullies often say he can't do anything without his powers.

Most court nobles believe Grian is an only child, but this is a lie. We'll discuss his relation to his brother when we get to the brother.

High elves get a cantrip, a week spell they can cast at any time. Grian's free cantrip was Control Flames, and he could use it when he was a toddler. In fact, the first time he used it he "wanted to make the flame kitty come out of the fire" (most of the court believes he saw the faint outline of a cat and used the spell to make it more defined), and burnt down his nursery. He survived that.

Taurtis: LightFoot Halfling Arcane Trickster.

Tarutis comes from a simple home. His family fell on hard times, so he became an adventurer to help support them. He likes to think his parents don't know exactly what he's doing, but they know and just won't tell him. A lot of people think he's too dumb to cast spells, but by the time they find out otherwise, it's already too late.

This boy is incredibly lucky, even for a halfling. People often joke about Trurtis being able to perform at least three miracles a day.

Scar: Wood Elf Mood Druid with an awakened cat.

Scar was the baby in his family with two older brothers who constantly pick on him. Despite the constant teasing from his brothers, he had a very loving home life. His family loved to take long trips, and they once went to a forest up north to see the arctic area and boreal forest in spring. However during that trip, vampires attacked the family, and Scar was separated from them. He spent weeks barely surviving in the wilderness until Cleo found him, took him in, and taught him how to be a druid.

Scar is afraid of snakes, and his big brothers did not help with that at all. Cleo and Stress have been trying to work on that because a druid being afraid of any animal is a bit weird, and he's kind of become their son, but so far it's not working.

Scar often uses the spell Charm Person on his friend Cub to make him buy Scar cake. For a while, it worked about 85% of the time.

Jellie: Scar's cat and 5th level Evocation wizard.

Jellie was awakened by a dying druid who thought he'd have at least another year alive and wanted a companion which he could try to get started in the druid arts before he passed. He only made it a month. Jellie roamed around for a while before she found Cleo and Stress'es house and lived with them, becoming a wizard after asking them for a spell book, despite her original master being a druid. Then Cleo brought home Scar who reminded her of her old master, and she decided she was going to basically be his cat.

Jellie does not like Cub's bear, Lucy.

Despite how terrifying it is, she likes to sleep extremely close to fireplaces and campfires.

She may look grumpy, but she's only truly grumpy 40% of the time, at most.

Zee: Hill Dwarf Life Cleric of Chauntea.

Zee grew up in a small farming village with many fields. His family was quite large but mostly modest. They also had a small smith shop where they forged and fixed farming equipment.

His family worked together to make the half plate he owns, going to the temple to get his holy symbol engraved into it.

Zee once talked an earth elemental into following him back to the temple so the could send it back to the elemental plane of earth after a farmer told him it was in his field. It took a while for the elemental to understand the concepts of farmland and accidental planer travel, but eventually, Zee managed to get it to the temple where one of the priests could send the earth elemental back home.

Zee's a pretty good mason and is one of the few adventurers who can actually help rebuild part of the town after fighting the monster or army that marched through a few days ago.

Zed: Half-Elf Lore Bard.

Zed's mom was a High Elf Bard, and his dad was a human bard. Both his parents loved each other and loved their son. He's always wanted to be a bard like his parents, and one day they send him off to Mad Mungo's Magic University for a bard program that includes three years on campus learning. There he met Tango and Impulse and the three became best friends.

There totally wasn't a time where he, Impulse, and Tango got drunk and lost a fight to a flumph. Any rumors about that are false lies and should not be believed.

During college, Zed was Tango and Impuls'es healer whenever they were up to something.

Before leaving for college, his mom gave him a lute with a sheep carved on it, and his dad gave him a flute that looks like a worm.

Pearl: Glasya Tiefling Beast Master Ranger with a Giant Owl companion.

Pearl grew up with loving adoptive human bounty hunter parents out in a large grassland by an elven king's forest after her tiefling parents disappeared one day. She met her owl Snowball on the border of the grassland and forest. She eventually became a ranger and joined the bounty hunter guild before joining the Hermits.

Rangers don't normally get a giant owl, but since Pearl was trying to get an animal companion near an elven forest, she lucked out and got a giant owl.

Pearl picked a favorite enemy from each of her parents. Her dad taught her how to handle animals, how to track them, and often brought her along on critter wrangling trips into one of the nearby elf towns. Her mom taught her how to deal with the undead, and it sometimes requires asking a spirit if they need help moving on to the afterlife.