Chapter 5

Cassie's P.O.V

The show's now over and we're on our way out. Sam won't stop talking about the show. "OMG! That was amazing! They were so good!  Then Max gave you your hat back. And I can't believe Jay pulled me onstage! Eek! I can't believe he chose me! He smelled so good! And then you were pulled on stage too! You were Nathan's Heart Vacancy girl!" She babbles and I grin, "Breath Sam! Breath!"  She smiles, taking a breath before looking at me, "What about you? Did you enjoy it? I betcha loved being on stage with Nathan. You two seemed pretty close though. What was all that about?"  I shrug and simply nod. "I have no idea but it was pretty cool." I fib, biting my lip. I can't tell her I know him...at least not yet. "The show was awesome too! Thanks for inviting me." Sam grins, "No problem! Gurl your deffo one of us now. You're so in the TW fanmily right?" I nod, "I guess so."

I'm feeling a lot of emotions right now. I want to cry, laugh, scream and sing at the top of my lungs. I mean I can't believe it's actually Nathan! My Nath, my best friend is in one of the biggest boybands on the planet! It's crazy! It really has been quite some time. Sam smirks at me, "You've perked up a lot now..." She gasps, "I bet you fancy Nathan! And he really seemed to like you too! You'd be so cute-"  My eyes widen, "No way! Just...no!" Then I smirk, "By the way, Jay was totally checking you out earlier."  Sam's eyes widen, "Really?! He was?! You're not just saying that?!"  We giggle together as we head out. But on the way, we get stopped by a member of security. Not the one that pulled me away from Nathan - a different, friendlier-looking one.

"Excuse me miss, but I was asked to give you these."

He hands me two backstage passes!
Sam shrieks as I hand one to her, "Eek! No way! This is awesome!"
We each put the lanyards around our necks and I turn to the security guy as he gets us to follow him. "What's your name?" Sam asks. "Jerry." He responds.
I raise an eyebrow, "Jeff, out of curiosity, who asked you to give us these?" I ask out of interest. "Mr Sykes did."  My eyes widen, "Nathan did?!"
Jeff nods and Sam smirks, "He totally likes you!"
I shake my head, "As if!"
The security guy looks between us. "Well I've been working for them since day one and I have to say this is definitely a first. You absolutely must be special. Backstage passes aren't given to just anyone."

After a while we get to a door and Jeff knocks on the door. A woman's voice is heard and then Jeff opens the door and  ushers us inside. As soon as i step inside the room, my eyes lock on one person. Nathan.  He walks up to me, a mixture of emotions written on his face. He stops a few feet away and a tear rolls down his cheek. I smile at him and he quickly engulfs me in a tight, warm hug. Instantly I wrap my arms around him in response and hug him back equally as tight.

                                                           (A/N - Kind of like this ^ )

"Cass!"

"Nath!"

  We stay hugging for ages. Even though the other boys are trying to get his attention, half of them teasing him and the other half are just being annoying. I feel Nath lift his head up. "Shut it! Stop ruining the moment!" He says before resting his chin back on my shoulder. "Idiots." He mumbles as we hear their responses and i giggle. Then we slowly let go of each other, big smiles plastered on our faces.

The other boys are giving us a knowing look.  "Glad to be reunited?" Max asks me and Jay nods, looking between us, "Aw it's so cute to see you guys together."    Sam looks at me confused, "Wait...you know Nath? And you never told me?!!" 

Nathan drapes an arm round me, "Yep! Cassie's my best friend!"  Their jaws drop and Sam shrieks. "NO WAY!!! YOU'RE BEST FRIENDS?! HOW COULD YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME?!"   I roll my eyes, "Okay 1, we lost contact a few years ago and 2, until today i had no idea he was in a famous band!"  Sam squeals and suddenly faints. Jay darts forwards and catches her before she hits the floor. He then lays her on a nearby couch. I facepalm. "Geez, i didn't realise that she's such a fangirl. Sorry about her."    Nathan grins, "Don't worry about it!"   Tom nods, "Yeah, believe me she's not the first to do that."  I laugh, "Yeah i can imagine. I mean there were a few girls who have been camping outside here overnight. I have no idea how or why they do it." Then I smile at the boys, "Anyway, it's nice to meet you guys."   "Likewise." Siva says and Jay smiles, "It's good to finally put a face to the name."  Max smirks, "Nath does not shut up about you."  I raise an eyebrow, "Really?"  I glance at Nathan who's looking at his shoes. "Aw Nath, you told them bout me? Aw!" I gently pinch his cheek and elbow him playfully and he blushes.

Side hugging him, I look up into his eyes and smile. Jayne looks over at me, "I didn't realise you knew Nathan. How long you known him for?"  , "For as long as i can remember." I reply. Smiling mischievously, I then say, " So tell me, has Nath been behaving himself?"  Max laughs, "Sometimes, but other times he's a troublemaker."   Nathan laughs, "Yeah right, your more likely to get in more trouble than me." I look at them curiously, "You guys planned this, didn't you?" Max nods, "That we did!" I raise an eyebrow, "But how - ?" Max simply taps his nose, "Wouldn't you like to know?" I smirk, "I would actually!" We all laugh together, but then someone clears their throat. It's Jayne!

"Anyway, boys we really need to get you back on the tour bus." She says. "Say goodbye now." I bite my lip, looking over at Sam. "What am I gonna do with her? We have return train tickets but there's no way i'm gonna be able to get her on two trains!" Nathan smiles, "They could stay with us. At least just for tonight. Please, Jayne! We've only just reunited, I need some catchup time!" Jayne ponders for a while and then wavers. "Okay, just this once. You'll have to sort out the sleeping arrangements yourselves."

Nathan hugs me tight, "YAY!"
He then picks me up and carries me out of the door. "NATHAN!" I giggle, "Put me down!"
"Okay!"

THUMP!

I raise an eyebrow at him, "Seriously?" But then I start to laugh and shake my head at him. Some things never change. Nathan then offers me his hand and I take it. But instead of him pulling me up, I pull him down beside me. We're both in a heap, laughing our heads off as the others join us. I notice Jay carrying Sam bridal style and I can see Sam's eyes darting around in confusion. But then she realises where she is and a smile grows on her face. She locks eyes with me and smirks, sending me a sly wink before quickly shutting her eyes before anyone else can notice. Sam then casually snuggles into Jay.  I chuckle to myself softly. Aha! I see what she's doing.
Me and Nathan get to our feet and we all walk to their bus. As we do, I jump on Nathan's back and gently wrap my arms around his shoulders/neck as he grabs my legs to secure me whilst he carries me.

When we reach the tour bus, we all head inside.