12

Luke's pov.

"You okay Luke?" she said looking up at me while we sat next to each other at the kitchen counter waiting for the pizza delivery. Our legs were pressed against each other's and our arms kept brushing as she sat impatiently on her stool fidgeting around.

"Yeah" I replied as I kept zoning in and out of my surroundings.

"Are you sure? you're not usually this quiet" she said shyly as if she was unsure whether she should be asking me questions.

"I'm fine" I said and sighed "I'm great" I said flashing her a smile as I realised I was being stupid and should enjoy this time with her.

"Good" she said smiling up at me, almost making me shy away from her as my stomach fluttered at the sight of her smile.

The sound of the door bell pierced through the quiet atmosphere indicating the pizza was here.

We both went to get up at the same time but I pushed her gently back down into her seat.

"I've got it" I said

"No " she protested "I've got it"

"I don't think so, I'll pay" I said. Not wanting her to, I was the guy and I wanted to pay no matter how stubborn she was going to be.

"No, it's my house I'll pay" she said

"It's fine. Really I'll pay" I said chuckling at her stubbornness.

"Fine" she said. A devilish grin appeared on her face and I predicted her next words.

"Whoever gets to the door first pays" she said scrambling out of her chair and sprinting down the hallway. I immediately ran after her in hopes of getting to the door first, she had just reached the handle when I pulled her back by the waist with one arm while I took out a £10 note from my pocket.

She struggled trying to fight her way out of my arms but I wouldn't let go.

The pizza delivery guy gave us an odd look when I finally opened the door.

"Here take it quick" I gasped out as Marley was still struggling in my arms. I waved the note in front of the guy who reluctantly took it from me. he handed over the pizza box and dug in his pocket for change.

"No I'll pay" Marley panted out of breath as she was still struggling to get out of my arms.

"Quick go" I said to the delivery boy.

"But your change" the guy said still digging in his poket.

"Keep the Change, now quick go" I said

"Okay thank you, um have a nice night" the guy said clearly confused but also slightly amused at the situation.

"Thank you" I called after him before shutting the door.

"Lukeeee" she whined when I let go of her.

"Whattttt?" I whined mocking her

"I said I would pay" she huffed

"Shush up and eat the pizza bubs"

"Bubs?" she said laughing out loud and looking at me with a fully amused expression.

"You love it really" I smirked

"Bubs." she said "bubs. I can live with that I guess"

I chuckled slightly in admiration until something caught my eye.

"What?" she asked suddenly self conscious as her hand came up to her neck where I was looking.

I brought my hands up, tucking her hair all to the left side so her neck was now exposed.