10

Marley's pov

It was a Saturday and Luke hasn't texted me or called which was unusual and it kind of made me worry.

I guess I wasn't doing anything today then.

Well except my paper round which I had already done and my job at Starbucks which I had to go to in an hour.

I dressed in black jeans and my Starbucks tshirt before grabbing my cap and walking to work. I liked Working at Starbucks because it meant free coffee on my breaks. Also the workers were nice and also the customers.

Entering the small but busy shop I greeted my co workers and tied my apron around my small waist.

I took my place at the till where I was about to take a line of peoples orders.

"Hi, what can I get you?" I asked a man who looked like he was in a rush, he had a suit and tie on And was carrying a rather large brief case which probably had his laptop in. He was definitely a business man with places to be, people to see and money to make.

"Large expresso please" he asked

"Sure coming right up"

I quickly made the drink as he looked like he really needed to get somewhere.

Thank you" he said appreciatively as he rushed out of the door.

"Next please" I called over the buzzing noise of people

"Hi could I get a strawberry and cream frap please" a girl with brown hair and a nice smile asked, she was carrying a heap of shopping bags and obviously wanted a break from shopping.

"Of course" I smiled back fixing up her drink and handing it to her.

"Next" I called without looking up.

"Marley?" I heard a familiar voice, I looked up to see Michael smiling boldly at me.

"Hey Mikey!" I smiled at him. "what can I get you?"

"Hmmm what would you recommend?" He asked

'

"Gingerbread latte, they are the nicest thing ever" I told him.

"Right well one of them please" he smiled

"Coming right up" i winked

"When's your break?" he asked

"In half an hour" I said

"Great, I'll wait for you" he said before sitting at a table near the tills.

"Okay" I said before having to serve the next customer.

Half an hour later I had made myself a gingerbread latte and another one for Michael as he must have finished his drink by now.

"Hey" I said sitting down in front of him and sliding his new drink over to him.

"Thanks" he said "you were right, it is the best drink ever"

"I know" I chuckled

"So what's new with you then?" he asked

"Nothing much, same old same old" I said "how about you?"

"Yeah same, I pretty much have a boring life" he said

"Really? well what do you do?" I asked

"Nothing. currently unemployed and playing video games for the rest of my life." he said dramatically.

"Oh, well you could apply for a job here , I'll put in a good word for you" I said

"Really? you would do that for me?" he asked