After an awkward silence, Dipper dismissed him and Will left obediently. Yet remained confused and a bit unfocused.

Soon, he was called to Mabel's side and returned with burn marks that will go away and minor cuts.

____

The next few days, Will had it surprisingly easy from Dipper, excluding still bitter Mabel. He would be needed to get supplies, easy stuff, and that would be it. He'd get a quick kiss and be sent off.

And all that just feels, weird.

He never thought he'd be able to remember how the peace, still excluding from Mabel, and quiet felt, how nice it is.

He wonders how it's gonna feel when it's ripped away from him when Dipper finishes his project.

_____

"Will!" Mabel hissed, her slap snapping him out of his daydream -a rare thing. "Quit taking naps while you're in my presence and get me a few potion tutorials from Dipper's book!"

He winced, looking down from her demanding gaze and shifted hesitantly. The lessons about who he's to obey warred with the instinct to listen to this other twin.

Mabel caught the uncertain movement and scowled, her fingertips glowing and squeezed into a ball. "You'd dare to disobey me? It's not like my brother set any rules about the damned book." She struck him immediately and deep, uncaring for his small cry and did it again.

And again. And again.

And one last time before sending him off angrily because "good for nothing- can't do his job-"

He spat out demon blood, trying to focus on his room before being summoned to Dipper.

After a bit of difficulty, he did so and earned a quick hit to his jaw.

"Took you long enough- What happened to you?" Dipper demanded, eyes narrowing on the deep wounds.

Before he could try gurgle the reason, he was pulled up, his body protesting sharply at the quick movement, and shoved onto a chair.

"Spoiled brat." Dipper muttered, getting the vial, frowning at the amount of contents. He continued muttering negative things about his lovely sister while healing the demon the best he could.

While it would take a night or two to heal properly without the full amount, it was an adequate healing, he supposed.

Dipper ran a finger across the newly healed skin and received a quiet "hah". He saw that Will had his eyes shut and his mouth a thin line that trembled.

He did it again, with his palm this time, and watched as his head threw back, his teeth clamping on his bottom lip to restrain any sound.

And was failing to do so.

He ran his nails gently against him and despised the weird warm feeling in his body at seeing the demon so relaxed, so pleasured.

Will opened his eye and, on impulse, darted forward to kiss the brunet, surprising the young man. He moaned into the kiss, then realized what he'd done and was about to pull away when Dipper wrapped his palm on the back of his neck and pulled him closer, growling at his attempt.