2.6: Closing Chapters

'How could I know, what you had hiding there
Behind those fire eyes, but I'll make it worse with my wild words

And ooh, I've done it now

We used to be loving, touching, kissin', f-
Like our lives depend on it
How we did get to lying, crying, always fighting
Like our lives depend on it
Why you lookin' at me with angry eyes?
How we ever gon' make it out alive?
If we don't get back to loving, touching, kissin', f-
Like our lives depend on it'

-Liam Payne (Depend On It)

________

Zayn

"Man, the kids are getting too big too fast", Jawaad commented watching as the twins and his daughter ran about in the backyard of my baby girls's and I shared home.

I hummed in a agreement taking a swig from my beer.

"So how are you and Karla doing? Any progress with counseling?", I asked after another moment.

He let out a sigh turning to face me while running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know, bro. I want to forgive her, but it is hard. Everyone tells me that I should let it go, but I can't. How can I? My newlywed wife was on the dance floor grinding on another man and making out with him while we were on our honeymoon", he said tiredly.

I was trying to think of a reason as to why she would hurt my cousin like this. Karla was a lot of things, but a cold hearted bitch she was not. She loved my cousin as much as she loves their daughter. So why?

Revenge? I doubt it. I mean, why wait this long to implicate it if that was her plan all along? Why start a family with him? There had to be a logical reason behind her actions.

"Maybe she was wasted", I offered up an excuse.

She scoffed, "She may of acted wasted but she had only had one glass of a virgin cocktail", she said coldly.

"What do you mean acted?", I after after another moment of silence had fallen between us.

"Her speech wa-", he paused. "Was I a bad husband? Do you think that she still loves me?", he continued.

"What are you thinking, Ad?", I asked glancing at him.

"I think she was drugged, Z", he muttered running his hands through his hair in frustration.

I paused. Drugged? The situation was pretty shitty, but drugs? That would be the logic we were all looking for in this.

"Did she say anything that led you to this conclusion?", I asked curiously.

He chuckled humorlessly.

"She told me that she didn't mean it. She said that she didn't know how it happened. That she thought the guy was me", he bitterly said.

I let out a sigh.

"Whatever you need, I got you, bro", I offered.

He nodded, "Thanks man", he retorted.

"No problem", I dismissed bringing my beer to my mouth taking a swig.

Aaliyah

"Kar, how are you and Jawaad doing?", I asked her.

A look of sadness overtook her features. She let out a sigh running a hand through her hair.