2.4: Different

A/N.; I have come to realize that this story will not be as short as I originally planned it to be because it has seemed to of taken a life of its own. However, I will be capping it to make sure that it does not go on for too long. All that is not actually explained in this chapter will be explained in the following chapter. This is unedited. Vote & comment! Deuces!✌🏾

________

'Don't you know I'm no good for you?
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'
But nothin' ever stops you leavin''
-Billie Eilish (When the Party's Over)

_________

Aaliyah

Am I wrong for wanting someone else's attention other than that of my children? Am I wrong for wanting someone else's touch aside from my own? Am I wrong for wanting to feel like I matter? Like I am of importance in someone else's life? That I am more than just another thing on a list of things to do, a real priority?

"Can we talk?"

I looked up from the soundboard towards the door to the studio where the voice came from. There stood in the doorway was a light skinned woman with long curly blonde and brown hair.

I gave her a once over and was not impressed

I gave her a once over and was not impressed. I knew who she was and I did not like her. I would see her name pop up on Zayn's phone screen numerous times when were around one another long enough.

"Do I know you?", I retorted uninterestingly.

The clicking of her heels against the floor could be heard as she approached me taking a seat in the chair beside mine crossing one leg over the over.

"You are about to. Hi, my name is Giselle and I am a close friend of Zain's. We work together", she introduced coyly.

I rolled my eyes turning the volume up on the soundboard.

"I am still talking", she leered reaching out turning the volume back down.

"I am busy. I don't particularly care to listen to anything the bitch that was photographed kissing my fiancé has to say", I snidely responded.

She smiled leaning back in the chair she was sitting on.

"Awe, did it make you upset, wifey? It could not of have made you too upset with you being busy running around with Damon, now does it?", she said condescendingly.

I chuckled humorlessly running a hand through my hair.

"You do not know shit. He is just my friend but your desperate ass would not know anything about being friends with someone, now would you? It's going around in the industry that you're Jay's new ho. So tell me, how did my pussy taste on Zain's lips when you kissed him?", I chided coyly.

I saw anger flicker through her eyes momentarily before it was gone. The anger was replaced with the cool gaze she held as she first approached me.

"Look, I did not come here for whatever this shit is you are trying to start with me. I came to talk about Zed", she said coldly.

"Okay", I stated smartly.

She sighed, "I don't like you", she began.

I scoffed, "Thats a mutual feeling", I retorted.

"But Zayn for some reason loves you. He loves you and whatever bullshit y'all got going on, you need to resolve it. His deal is in danger and you need to fix it", she spat.

I raised an eyebrow at her in question.

"There is nothing for me to fix. You work with him, I don't. I do not know what he does when he is away from me. I do not know who he hangs with aside from family. I also have no control over anything he does. If that is all, there is the door. You may leave", I quipped.

She scoffed, "You a bitch, you know? You just gon' let all of his hard work go down the drain just like that?", she sneered.

I chuckled sarcastically, "You can go, bye", I dismissed.

She scoffed standing to her feet angrily.

"You do not have to do a thing. I will and I will also make sure to fuck away the stress for Zayn too. It was good talking to you, baby mama", she called leaving the studio, slamming the door shut behind her.

I do not know who that bitch think she is coming into my studio session trying to tell me about my relationship with my fiancé. She had gotten the reaction out of me that she had wanted. For that, she had won.

I could not concentrate anymore. My mind being on Zayn and this Giselle bitch. Was she why he would stay out so late? Was she why he would not sleep in the bed with me on some nights? I had so many thoughts inside of my head that I had become distracted by them.

So I cut my session short and headed to RCA to meet with Zayn. I knew that he was there. He was always there these days.

I walked through the lobby going straight to the elevators. I pushed the button and waited for its arrival. So many emotions had hit me all at once as I rode the elevator up to the correct floor. Although I would never admit this out loud, the ho had been right. Zain and I did need to work out our differences.

I have never seen us being so distant with one another as possible. We had been so close and so in love. Now we are nothing more than mere roommates. I opened the studio door while sending Damon a text canceling out studio session. When I looked up from my phone screen my phone fell from my hand to the floor.

"Wow. This is where we are now, Zayn? You know what? Don't even answer that. Giselle, you can have him. Oh, and I will be sure to let jay know of what I just saw", I spat snatching my phone up from the floor.

"Baby, wait! It's no-"

"Fuck you, Zain. Fuck the both of you!", I snapped yanking the engagement ring from my finger.

"I guess life got in the way and our promises truly meant nothing", I whispered dropping his ring on the floor.

He remained silent staring at me pleadingly. I shook my head and left. He did not follow me, nor did I want him to. I headed to the house packing the twins and I a bag for the night.

I tried so hard not to think about what I had witnessed inside of that studio. I tried my damnedest, but I could not. It replayed over and over again inside my head. The memory was mocking me. I cried.

I cried for my lost relationship. I cried for the lost trust. I cried for the lost love. I cried for my lost family. I was no longer his anymore. I was no longer his baby girl and that was what hurt me the most.