Chapter 11

I'm not sure how much you care but like.. I'm alive and I haven't cried since Sunday which is progress!!

"The blue paladin clearly cares about you. It's endearing really. Won't it make it so much more entertaining when you finally dispose of him?"

"No." Keith mumbled into his empty bedroom, hunching over to make himself as small as possible.

"Come on, you're half Galra. You're genetically predisposed to be a monster."

"I'm not."

"Yeah, you are. Don't you remember the kick you used to get from violence back at the Garrison? You got expelled for it, didn't you?"

"Yeah but I couldn't help it." Pulling his legs up to his chest and burying his head into his knees, Keith attempted to keep his breathing at a steady pace. The voice was only going to get more power if it knew how much it was breaking him down and pulling at his emotions. He just wanted it to leave him alone at that point.

"Couldn't help it? Poor excuse. I'd say it was your body's natural instinct to hurt people. That's what the Galra do and you're one of them. If you accept it, you can have much more fun with it. There's no use beating yourself up over something when it's so fun."

"I'm not going to purposely hurt anyone."

"You should. If you don't want to kill Lance, how about Shiro? You know he never really cared about you, right? The Garrison assigned him to your case so you didn't cause too much of a disruption. He didn't choose you like you thought he did. He was forced to be your mentor. I bet he hated it too. Anyone would hate being screamed at most of the time, wouldn't they?"

Hands making his way to his hair, Keith began to tug harshly. His face scrunched up in what appeared to be in pain as he rocked his body back and forth in an attempt to shake the voice away. "I will never hurt Shiro."

"Then the midget. What's her name, Pidge? I'm sure you could squish her like a bug."

"I won't hurt anyone!" Keith didn't mean to raise his voice but he couldn't help it when frustration was pooling into his chest. "I love all of my friends and will never ever lay a hand on them. I'm a good person and I know it!"

"A good person, huh? You punched Lance earlier."

"It was an accident."

"You can't punch someone accidentally, Keith. I know you wanted to hurt him. You wanted to hear him cry out in pain and fall back. You enjoyed it. I bet you really want to do it all over again, don't-" Keith was forced to direct his attention away from the voice when his bedroom door flew open to reveal Shiro and a plate of food.

"Hey, bud, I just thought I'd bring you some food. You must be starving after today." Grinning, Shiro handed the plate over to Keith who simply placed it down beside him. Upon noticing Keith's anxious body language, Shiro raised his eyebrows and perched on the edge of the bed. "Are you feeling okay? Do you have a headache?"

Keith wanted to lie but then the voice started to yell at him, making him wince in an obvious way. "This is your moment, Keith! You're all alone with him! You can slit his throat with your favourite knife and not a single person would need to know about it!" Instead of the response he wanted, Keith just let out a strangled cry, tears escaping down his cheeks after being held in for so long.

"Hey, hey, talk to me. What's up?" Shiro held out his hand so Keith could intertwine their hands and play with his fingers as he always did when he was upset for whatever reason. All Keith did was stare at it for a long moment before dropping his gaze to his lap.