Chapter 3

I don't like this chapter but it's really important in terms of story line so I hope you do :D

"Keith, Shiro and Pidge explained to me what's been going on and I just want to say I am deeply sorry." Keith blinked, trying his hardest to figure out what had supposedly been going on. When he failed to reach a conclusion in his head, he leant towards Allura and allowed his eyebrows to climb his forehead. "You have cloren." The princess spoke as if she expected Keith to have guessed what she meant but his face was as blank as a piece of paper.

"Clo... ren?" All Allura was doing was making Keith more confused. No matter how much he wracked his brain, Keith couldn't think of one instance in which he had encountered the word 'cloren'. To his knowledge, it was a foreign word to him and he had no idea what it meant.

"The thing where you where you struggle with social interaction and- and your senses. I can't remember what Pidge and Shiro called it." Allura's voice remained consistent in volume which Keith thought was a good sign but he could never be sure. He backed up a little- just as a precaution. He recalled moments in the past when his foster parents found out about his autism or saw him have a meltdown, remembering all of the yelling and pain.

"Shiro told you?" Allura's eyes widened as she watched Keith cock his head to the side in further confusion. "Are you... angry?"

"Not at all! Cloren is not something considered a hindrance in Altea. Whilst it is rare, we do not discriminate against it. In fact, I want to help."

"I'm fine, princess." Keith sounded strained and exhausted with his quivering tone, making his words less believable. Allura opened her mouth and closed it a couple of times as she debated the best way to approach the situation. She didn't want to intimidate Keith, especially when he already looked terrified and puzzled.

"No, we can make a setting for training that is quieter and dimmer. Pidge said lights and noise make you uncomfortable." Allura supportingly placed her hand on Keith's shoulder; she couldn't help but notice how much he was shaking.

"Get off of me!" Keith blurted out, jumping backwards as if Allura had hit him. The princess's face fell as she raised her hands in defence. She started to shake her head in an attempt to present herself in the least threatening way but Keith only continued to back up and pale.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't think-"

Keith lowered his gaze to his feet, swallowing thickly. When he spoke, he kept his tone low so that Allura could understand his gravity. "Don't touch me. I don't like it. You need to tell me before you touch me."

"Okay," Allura lifted her hand into the air as if she was going to touch his shoulder again out of instinct. It soon fell back to her side, limp. "Okay. Is there anything else I should know?"

Keith closed his eyes as he weighed up the pros and cons in his head. He would have written it out in his notebook (he made pros and cons lists so much that he had bought a spiral notebook with planets on to write them all in) but he had left it back on Earth.

Pros: Maybe they could give him softer clothes; make him more fidget toys or get him some food he could eat without gagging...

Cons: They could kick him off the team for being a liability or get angry with him. They could even respond to his meltdowns like his foster family had once upon a time...

"Could you make my armour less scratchy?" Keith's voice had quieted as if he was treading in the shallow water to prepare him for the deep waves. Allura nodded after spending a millisecond processing Keith's hushed words.

"Coran can make something more comfortable for you. Anything else?"

"I can't eat the food goo?"