0024

NARRATOR MODE: ON

The boys gulped as they stepped back, watching intensely as the CEO and their men walk closer to them, ready to throw hands.

"Watch out, Jaemin!" Donghyuck shrieked as one of the men flung a bat towards his face.

Swiftly, Jaemin moved his head backwards and then swirled over to the other end of the room. The man growled and stepped back.

"I see you all have good reflexes. This is going to be quite a show." CEO Im commented as he gave the boys a death stare.

Renjun pulled Chenle behind Jaemin, Jeno and Donghyuck to prevent him from getting injured, especially when he's still not fully recovered from the poison.

"We're never gonna beat them, Renjun. Look how tough and scary they are!" Chenle whispered into Renjun's ear in Chinese.

Renjun smiled weakly and squeezed his friend's hand tightly. They watched as CEO Im leaned towards the tallest man. He nodded and walked past them to the basement, where he unlocked a secret compartment leading to it.

He grabbed the five girls, In which Xu Rong and Winnie were still unconscious, up to the main floor.

"What are you doing to us?!" Yizhuo shrieked as they took out knives.

"Sending you to a place called Paradise." The tallest man said as he walked towards them.

The girls huddled in fear as their ropes kept them stuck at their places and unable to move. Eunbi moves in front to shield the rest. The man lifts the knife and was about to stab her when Donghyuck flew to her rescue.

The knife went through his shoulder and Donghyuck collapses on the ground, groaning in pain as the blood flowed out rapidly.

"Hyung!" Jaemin cried and ran towards him.

"Donghyuck!" Eunbi shrieked and spat angrily at them. "How ruthless you are! You are going to be punished for this, mark my words."

CEO Im bursted out laughing.

"Are you joking? I spent years building this company and I've come this far to earn millions of dollars. I'm not going to let a bunch of whiny, ungrateful girls like all of you destroy my glory. Once I eliminate every single one of you little pests, everything will be over. Mark your words? I'm sorry, the only thing I'm going to mark is the even greater gold coming my way once NCT U gets successful." He announced and clapped his hands together.

Everyone was about to lose hope when they heard a familiar voice at the doorway.

"Did someone say my name?"

Eunbi smiled happily.

"Mark!" They exclaimed in unison.

The door slammed wide open and Mark stood outside with the rest of NCT U, along with the police. Police cars lined up outside and one officer stepped forward.

"Mr Im, these young singers gave a call to the station earlier this afternoon and told us what was happening. We have been listening to every single one of your words and we will need you at the station for further questioning." He explained and took out his handcuffs while the rest of the officers escorted CEO Im's men inside the car.

"You can't take me to jail! I have a large company to run. Do you have any idea how much I have contributed to Korea's markets?!" CEO Im insisted in panic.

"I think I've heard enough from earlier, let's go. Mr. Im Jung Seok, you are arrested for suspected murders of two young ladies." He announced and grabbed the dazed CEO into the car.

The officers rushed over to help untie the girls.

"Officers! Winnie and Xu Rong have been unconscious since this morning. I think I remembered seeing one of the men drug them with something." Eunbi explained worriedly.

"Don't worry, Miss. We will take care of it. And let me take the boy as well, he's bleeding too much." The officer replied as he stared at Donghyuck.

Eunbi bursted out crying and rushed over to Donghyuck's side before squealing in agony.

"Oh, Hyuck. I'm so sorry! I shouldn't even have made friends with you on the hotline and get you in this crazy mess. Now you're critically injured!" She cried out sadly and rubbed his hands.

Donghyuck's eyes flickered for a second before he tried moving his body towards Eunbi.

"Eun...Eunbi...I'm sorry. I...I let you down...I should have....prevented you...from getting...kidnapped...in the first...place." He whispered.

Eunbi shook her head vigorously and placed his hand on her cheek.

"No, no. You were very brave." She insisted.

The officer motioned to carry him and then they watched as the ambulance took the injured ones off. Two officers stayed behind to check and investigate the area.

"It's over! It's finally over!" Jisung cheered as the group did a hug.

"Mark! We need to give credits to you. How did you manage to find us?" Jeno asked.

"Simple. At first I was reluctant to follow the CEO after the music video filming, but I overheard him telling a manager to bring him to some unheard location and I told the members about it and then bam, we saved the day." Mark explained proudly with his chest puffed.

Taeyong stepped forward and gave a formal bow.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I am Lee Taeyong, the former leader of disbanded group, NCT U. And this is Doyoung, Jaehyun and Ten." He introduced as the rest of the members waved.

"Disbanded? What?" Eunji asked and scratched her head.

"MS is over now. The company's gonna close down after all these crazy scandals and stuff." Doyoung explained to his fellow labelmate.

Yizhuo wrapped her arms around Eunbi and Eunji.

"It's fine to me. I'm kinda tired of being an idol too. All those years of training were torture. I'm finally free now!" She exclaimed happily.

The group settled again for another big hug. Everything was over. Eunbi's dark days were over. She would never need to worry about anything again. She was free.

♥︎____________________♥︎

tbc.