Chapter 3

It's been a week and Shawn still hasn't called me to decide on what we would work on, seriously boy, how can you be so rude. So I picked up my phone, dialed his phone number and called. After the phone rang a few times Shawn finally picks up.
"Hello?!" He answered with his usual uncaring voice. "Who's this?"

"It's Daisy, from Professor McLogan class, can you come over so we can actually work on the project" I replied, keeping my voice calm.

"Sweetheart, hi" He said with a sarcastic tone. "I'm really busy right now, what if we meet in 3 weeks when the project is due"
"No way, you asshole, I've worked on this project for a week now and you..." he hanged up the phone and ignored my every word.

Fine, if he didn't want to come to me, I'd go to him. I picked up the keys and drove to his front-yard. His house was huge. I rang the doorbell and a maid open the door. I told her I was looking for Shawn and she showed me the way to his room.

The house was welcoming, it was filled with photographs of his childhood, so you could tell he was obviously loved. The floor was old-fashioned white marble and the walls colored in a dark grey. From the living room you could see a pool and massive garden area. The stairs brought me to a corridor and finally to what I'm guessing was Shawn's room.

"Mr. Mendes, there is a girl's here to see you" the maid announced and then left me in front of the closed door.
"Penelope, come in" He didn't open the door so he was assuming I was this Penelope, I ignored it and knocked again. "Penelope, I said come in". He said finally coming to open the door.

I was shocked by his appearance I mean everyone knew he was hot but looking at him up close in his black tight shirt, you could see the outline of his perfect body he was truly a sight to see.

"What are you doing here, I told you I was busy" he said as soon as he saw me. My white cheeks turned red, all the courage I had to go to his house and stand in front of him just disappeared in a matter of seconds.
"I... I... um we need to work on our project" I said, scared to see his reaction.
"I said I'm going to work on it on my own", and suddenly there it was, my courage bursting back.

Adrenaline flooded my system, I could feel my heart pumping faster and beating faster like it's trying to escape. And then it just came out flooding, "You are such a douche, I haven't done anything to you, except be nice and try to find a way to work together... and I really... I really"

I started feeling very dizzy, my head started spinning, I soon became pale and I knew I was clocking out. Then nausea crept from my abdomen to my head and the world went black. I tried to look at my watch but as soon as I did I started to lose all the power in my muscles, I felt my legs go weak, only for Shawn to catch me on my way down to the floor.

"Daisy? Daisy talk to me" I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me. I tried looking around and saw myself lying on his bed. He was holding a glass of water and smiling.
"I need..." I reached my bag and looked for my pills, I found the container and took one. Grabbed the glass of water and drank the whole thing.

"What just happened Daisy" he asked. "None of your business, now let's work." I replied, avoiding the subject.

"Jeez sorry for caring, not like I actually did" He rolled his eyes smirking at the end, that damn smirk! Shit it happened again, I thought, I lost my temper and my calmness and the medicine lost its effect.

"Daisy, please explain what just happened!" He asked again losing his temper. "Its complicated, you really don't want to know, and why would you care anyway, you are so rude to me all the time and I have done nothing to deserve it." I replied, kind of tired of his behavior.

"fine if you want to be like that you can just leave then" He insisted, again.

"You really want to know huh! I'm sick I've been sick my whole life not that you care anyways" I replied, but he didn't look satisfied by my answer. "Its called BZ-31, its a genetic disease that affected 70,000 people in the world, which I just so happen to be one of the lucky ones that have it. Basically it gives me chronic pain and it comes in waves rather than simply one thing at a time." I say explaining it for the 100th time in my lif

His face was pale, like he'd seen a ghost from his past. "Oh" he replied. That left me speechless, its not like i'd expected him to feel sorry for me, its just I was so used to people just saying "poor girl how can you live like this" and "i'm so sorry I wish there was something I could do" that a simple "oh" was at the end of the things I expected someone to say.