Tears fill my eyes, knowing that I could lose my job. If these pictures do get out then everyone will think I was forcing Lexi to do something she didn't want to do. The pictures are of me grabbing her wrist and taking her to my car, and of us talking in the car. I really fucked up this time.

Lexi's POV

My phone rings making my eyes pop open immediately. I don't consider myself a light sleeper but when it comes to my phone making any sounds, trust me, i'll wake up. I look at my phone and see Riley's name spread across the screen. Before pressing answer I look at the time and realize it's really late. "Shit" I groan. I guess I forgot to set my alarm on my phone.

"Hello" I say as I answer the call. "Lexi where are you? We are in big trouble" Riley replies, sounding like she's panicking. "I forgot to set my alarm. I'm getting dressed now then walking to school. What do you mean we are in trouble" I ask as I get out of bed and quickly pick out an outfit to wear today. Once I pick out a random t-shirt and pair of jeans I look in the mirror and realize I just need to run a brush through my hair.

"Get to school asap and I'll show you why we're in trouble." "Okay but it's-" I go to say but Riley hangs up. "Well then" I say as I look at my phone screen. A sigh escapes my mouth as I pull my pants up and grab my book bag off the floor. I really don't want to go to school today but Riley sounds like she really wants me to go in, and sometimes my grandma comes home for lunch. If she found me here she would kill me for skipping school.

After walking for 15 minutes I make it to school. Everyone is in the cafeteria when I get in the school because it's lunch time. I walk in the lunchroom and search for my friends. After scanning the lunch room I finally notice them in sitting at a table in the middle of the room. "What's up guys" I say to Veronica and Caleb as I pull out a chair for me to sit in. "Where were you this morning" Veronica asks. "I forgot to set my alarm clock" I laugh.

"You're lucky you missed history. We watched the most boring-" Caleb gets cut off. "Hey Lexi, can you come to my classroom. I need to talk to you about something" Riley taps my shoulder with a fake smile plastered across her face. I look back and Veronica and Caleb and Caleb gives me a wink. If only they knew that's her and I are kind of in an argument at the moment.

"Sure" I say even though I don't want to leave my friends. As I stand up from the table Riley takes off quickly, expecting me to follow behind her. Once we get to her classroom, she shuts the door behind her and lets out a sigh. We make eye contact and I start to speak before she can't even let out a word. "Okay so why are we in trouble" I cross my arms. "Look at what was on the floor when I got here this morning" she pulls out two pictures of us from yesterday.

"Oh shit" I look down at the pictures and let out a small laugh. "What" Riley asks sounding angry. "We aren't in trouble, you're in trouble. Wow the timing of these photos is so bad for you" I laugh again. "If I go down for these pictures, then so are you" Riley rolls her eyes and continues "look at this note that they person left too. Riley hands me a sticky note.

Hello Mrs. Moore. How would you feel about me showing these picture to Mr. Kunkel, or even to the whole school? I'm sure everyone would be surprised to see Lexi and you together outside of school. Meet me at Polo's diner in the next town over so we can have a little talk. Blow me off, and I'll put the pictures all around the school. I'll even let you bring your little Lexi with you. So, Polo's diner at 9:00pm tonight. See you then.

After reading what was written on the sticky note I make eye contact with Riley and rest myself against a desk "Is Polo's far?" Riley shakes her head no, "not really, it's like a 20 minute drive. Are you gonna with me" she asks sounding a little bit nervous. "You're really going to meet up with whoever did this? And do you really think us going out in public again would be the best thing to do right now?"

"Well I don't want to go alone! And my husband obviously can't go. If he saw those pictures he wou- trust me, he wouldn't handle it well at all" Riley sighs. A concerned look takes over my face. "Hold on" I say as I take out my phone from my back pocket and click on my grandmas contact. The phone starts ringing as I bring it up to my ear. Riley eyes me the whole time as if she's just waiting for me to say I'll go with her tonight.

"Hello" my grandmas voice comes through the other side of the phone. "Hey grandma, I know I'm at school right now but I needed to call and ask if I could go over to Veronica's tonight at nine to work on a school project" I spit out a quick lie. "Lexi, no. You know you're grounded and that's too late to be working on a project anyways. Tell her you can do your part at home" my grandma fires back quickly.

I look over at Riley as she taps her foot up and down quickly. She looks so anxious, waiting to hear a response from me. "Grandma please. It's just for one night" I beg. "No and that's my final answer. Maybe if you weren't grounded I'd let you, but you were too irresponsible to answer the phone over the weekend, so this is what you got to deal with. I have to get back to work. I'll see you after school, bye."

I hang the phone up out of anger without even saying bye. I let out a sigh and put my phone back in my back pocket. "Im grounded right now and my grandma isn't budging. I don't think I'm going to be able to go." "Uggghh" Riley throws her head back. I feel bad honestly. If I would have never went up to her yesterday then neither one of us would be in this situation. I feel like I have to go with her tonight.

"Okay wait. You know what, just pick me up at 8:30. Be there exactly at that time though. I'll just sneak out. I don't want you going there alone either and I feel like this is all my fault anyways." Riley's face lights up with joy, "really? Are you sure? I don't want you getting in trouble." I nod my head, "yea I'm sure" and give her a soft smile.

________________________________

Sorry for any spelling errors!
Also, about to start writing the new chapter. It should be up tonight or tomorrow night!