Ch. 8

I slowly open my eyes and let out of groan. My head is already pounding because of all the alcohol I had last night. As I start to become more awake I realize I'm somewhere I've never been before. My eyes scan the tan walls in the room then make way to the body beside me. Oh my god it's Riley...and she's completely naked. What the fuck happened last night?

As much as I want to wake her up and ask her what happened last night, I won't do it. I hate being woken up so I'm sure she would hate it too. I see my phone laying in between both of us and grab it to see what time it is. It's ten in the morning but all the notifications on my phone distract me from focusing on what time it is. "Shit" I mumble seeing I have ten texts in total from Veronica and Caleb, but my grandparents also called and sent me messages last night.

I forgot to tell them I was going to stay with Veronica even though it would have been a lie. Ugh, they are going to probably ground me or some bullshit. I carefully get out of the bed and walk out of the room, and into the hallway. I go to my missed calls list and press on my grandmas contact. She picks up the phone almost immediately, which makes me think she's been waiting for my call.

"Where the hell are you Lexi" she yells into the phone. "I'm sorry grandma, I forgot to tell you I was staying the night with Veronica. I told you before I left the house that I was probably going to" I try to explain myself. "You had your grandfather and I worried sick about you all night long. You need to let us know these things. You better not start getting out of control again like you did before we moved. We had to move because of how much you acted up, and believe me if you start acting like you think you can do whatever you want, then we will move again if that's what it takes."

The memories of all the times my grandfather and her would yell at me for coming home late or not answering their calls for days, flows through my mind. We really used to not get along when I acted like that. We fought most of the time and it was so miserable. But what my grandma said keeps running through my mind. I don't want to move again. I feel like I might actually enjoy this year, especially since I'm starting to get to know Riley.

"Can you just calm down, geez. I told you I was probably going to stay the night with Veronica, so you had an idea about where I was. It's not that big of a deal. I'll be home later, bye" I hang up before she can say anything back, and let out a sigh. "She's such a bitch" I say walking back into the room, seeing that Riley is awake now. "Is everything okay" she sits up, with the blanket covering her completely naked body. "Kind of. My grandma is just pissing me off and I've got a massive headache."

"Lets go get you some medicine" she says as she picks her robe up from the ground and puts it on. I follow her, as she leads the way to her kitchen. She looks through one of her cabinets to get me some medicine. "Here take one" she hands the the bottle of pills and pulls a water bottle out of her refrigerator.

I swallow the pill and gulp down the water and let out a sigh. I don't know why but I feel so stressed out at the moment. "Are you sure everything's okay" Riley asks as she walks closer to me with a concerned look on her face. "Yeah but-" I want to take this opportunity to ask her what we did last night but hesitate to.
"But what?" "What exactly happened last night?" I ask and her face goes from concerned to worried.

"Shit, you really don't remember" her eyes get a little wider than what they were. I innocently shake my head, no. "Fuck" her hands goes over her face as she looks stressed out. She shakes her head from side to side saying "I knew it was a bad idea." "Riley calm down. Whatever happened was not that serious, I mean by how I found you in the bed I'm guessing we had sex?" I remove her hands from her face, allowing us to make eye contact.

Monday afternoon

"Get to school asap. Damn it Lexi you're so irresponsible" my grandma says through the phone. "How is it my fault that my ride bailed on me! She never even told me she wasn't going to show up" I explain. Riley hasn't answered any of my calls or text messages ever since I left her house on Saturday. I hope she wasn't just using me for some one night stand and is tossing me aside now.