Ch 14 | Keep a close eye on me

Começar do início

"It won't do any good if I'm angry about it," I told her the way I think about most things. Why worry about something that you can't change, it only works negatively. She snorted grinning a little; "If you could tell me that every time I get angry at something. That would spare Warren and Max a whole lot of stress and flying objects to their heads." At the moment she sat cross-legged on the chair.

"Somehow I can't imagine you angry." I smiled trying in vain to envision her throwing chairs and tables across the room. "Oh, believe me, if I get mad, it's not pretty! And-", she suddenly had her eyes wide open and stood up trying to find something, "There is someone in the corridor, I really think he will enter this room." She muttered very fast. When she told me this I concentrated on magical energy, Minerva. In a matter of seconds, I got out of bed, took hold of Yanida's left wrist and pulled her inside the shadow dimension; "I'll get you when she's gone, but you have to stay here for a minute okay?" I explained to her my sudden moves and she nodded, with a hint of fear in her eyes, I left her in that dark and quiet place.

When I lay back in my bed and collected myself, Minerva walked inside the infirmary. She looked with one eye at Sting who was still sleeping like a baby, but deliberately walked up to the right side of my bed with her arms crossed on her chest. "I have to congratulate you with your battle", this was the last thing I expected to hear out of Minerva's mouth, "your failure was highly entertaining to watch." She sneered 'ah, there it was'.

"Father wants to speak with you two at the meeting this evening. I hope you'll be able to stand by then." She spoke, informing me about the appointment. "That won't be a problem," I answered through gritted teeth. "Make sure Sting gets the information too." I nodded at her with a locked jaw. She looked around the room for another minute but decided that there was nothing else to acknowledge. She walked painfully slow and didn't care to close the door behind her.

I got out of my bed, ignoring the distant pain to close the door and pull Yanida as fast as possible back to this dimension. Without me asking she took a hold of my arm and helped me to my bed. Although I could've done it myself, I liked her holding me. I wanted to tell her she didn't have to help me. But when I laid in my bed and looked up to her, settling back down in the chair, I realised she didn't do it for me. Yanida is just a person that helps other people, plain and simple. I settled with; "Thank you," and smiled, causing her to respond with a shy smile herself.

She laid her chin on the knee of the foot that she pulled close to her and knitted her eyebrows together. "Do you always go to that thing when you use your magic, it's so peaceful in that, in the shadow world."

"I never heard someone call that place peaceful", I told her surprised by her chosen words, "Sting thinks it's a dark, gloomy place and he hates every second being there." I went on and realised that I didn't answer her question yet, "But, no I only go there when I enter a shadow or travel by them."

"I guess it makes sense for the White Dragonslayer to not like dark places." she chuckled looking at Sting changing sleep position. "My magic just makes this world really loud, and in that place, I can hear myself think," she explained herself while still being mysterious.

"Your magic," I repeated trying to get a better answer out of her, but she just smiled brightly raising her eyebrows.

"When will I ever have the privilege to see your magic at full force?" I asked knowing she won't give me the answer I want. "I guess you'll have to keep a close eye on me for that." I have no clue on how to respond to that, and for several minutes I just stared at her. Realising that I held my breath for the entire time I inhaled strongly, which she seemed to notice.

"Or you ask me very kindly,... but I'm still not sure about that." she went on. "You are a-" I wanted to tell, but she interrupted me by quickly standing up from her chair and looking open-eyed at Sting.

"He-uh," she began but had to find the right words, "I just remembered something, I have to get to the others, big meeting and something. So, I just-uh. Get well soon! Eat lots of fruit, I'll see you." She stammered making her way to the door, eyeing Sting suspiciously.

In the end, she took another glance at me and smiled warmly, making me think she hated to leave like this. But she left the room anyway and closed the door quietly behind her.

Without Yanida standing in front of me, this room looks more dull and gloomy than before. It's a hard callback to reality, lovely things usually don't last very long. Subconsciously I looked at Sting and thought maybe that wasn't always true. He moved again in his bed and in a flash jerked upward startling me.

"Where are we?" He asked me, "We are in the infirmary, remember?".

"Infirmary", he repeated me questioning, "We lost?" I nodded at him and he looked anxious.

P.o.v. Yanida Clover

After I left the arena, I had a long walk through Crocus and walked through the drizzle. I hoped that the wind and rain washed away Rogue and Sting's scent on me so Laxus won't notice. I hate to do this because Laxus should just trust my judgement. I also don't want to be ashamed to be friends with Rogue, but all this rivalry makes everything complicated.

Just because the master of a 'so-called guild is mean and niggard doesn't make the members like that. Yukino was very kind, and although she lamented leaving, I think Sabertooth would've broken her in the end.

I arrived in the Bar at sunset and walked into some kind of meeting. There was an onerous atmosphere, something must've happened when I was gone. I tried to close the door as quietly as possible but it was no use, I stepped on an old board that cracked under my weight attracting everyone's attention on me.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," I told them putting my hands up. "Where were you?" Laxus asked with his piercing eyes. I wanted to answer but the master beat me to it, "That's doesn't matter right now. Yanida, we will need you in the games tomorrow." He told me, and I just swallowed hard when I nodded.

When I found the courage to look at everyone's faces I noticed that a certain blonde wasn't here. "Where is Lucy?" I asked nobody in particular, their answer awoke something in me.

This means war.

--------------------------- A N --------------------------

Yes again, I'm sorry

I'm also sorry that this chapter is late, I just wasn't happy with it and hadn't had the time, until now, to work on it. I still hope you're enjoying the story, I'll keep writing it anyway.

Until next week (hopefully on Thursday)... *-*