Chapter 7

"I might start thinking that you like me." I replied.

"You're different from them, you have green eyes."

"So you like my eyes?" I asked him.

"One of the things that I like about you. What brings you here today?" he asked, sitting down next to me.

"The water brings me peace." I whispered but I knew he would hear me.

"Why do you need peace?"

"I've never been around so many people in one place at one time. I'm a solitary person, Sam, I don't seek company. Having everyone here isn't calming to me and I made Jasper promise to stay away from my emotions. Would there be a way for me to reach the water? Without stepping onto your territory?"

"From up here." he chuckled.

"What?"

"Yeah, you can jump from up here. Cliff diving, we do it all of the time." he replied.

"Really? Maybe when all of this is over, even I don't want to jump in the water in this temperature."

"I thought vampires don't get cold."

"We don't but I don't want to run around with wet clothes."

"Okay, I'll give you that much. I told Emily about you."

"Let me guess, she thinks you're crazy for talking to a vampire?"

"At the beginning she was, she's curious about you. Emily is a very open-minded person."

"There is something that you should know."

"What?"

"One of my father's, Caius, he's very prejudice when it comes to wolves. When whatever this is goes down, be careful of the blonde man. You be careful and your pack has to be careful. I will do whatever is in my power to make sure that he doesn't bother you but be careful." I insisted.

"We will and I'll let them know."

"I'm so sorry." I told him, thinking about all of the new additions on his mind.

"What are you sorry for?"

"Our presence, all of us being here is robbing these bambini of their life. It makes me molto triste, very sad."

"That's not your fault Elisabetta, it's . . . not my place to place blame on anyone." he said.

"I can read your thoughts Sam, I know what you were going to say." I whispered again, hearing his blame for Edward, Bella and most of all Jacob.

"That can stay in my head and yours."

"It will, molto bene, what do you do for fun Sam?" I asked.

"What?"

"I've heard the Cullens talking to Jacob about the packs, you're the alpha. You train them, show them the way of life, give them a family. When is there time for just you? What do you do for fun?"

"I don't do anything for fun, haven't since I turned the first time. There is no Sam time either, I have an obligation to my people."

"There must be something that you do for fun."

"Cliff diving, that is my relaxation time. I guess we have the water in common."

"Especially me since I don't need to breathe."

"What?" he demanded.

"Vampires breathe out of habit, Sam, we don't need to breathe. It makes us seem more human to the ones around us."