Chapter 6

"Same to you, my fiancé would love that though." Sam said.

"Hopefully when this is over I can meet her. I'm planning on this going well, my father won't hurt them if I'm here. I hope not anyway." I said.

"Let's hope that's right, we'll fight alongside the Cullens. We owe it to Jacob."

"Elisabetta, are you alright?" Jasper asked, running over to me.

"I'm fine, sono bravo, tutto è buono." I said. (I'm good, everything is good)

"Sam." he said and I could read the tension between the two men.

"Jasper, we were just talking." Sam told him.

"I should probably get back, it was nice to meet you, Sam. I hope I can meet your fiancé when this is all over." I said.

"After this is over, I'll hold you up to that." he said, getting up and walking off.

"Are you going to tell me that I shouldn't be making friends with wolves?" I asked Jasper.

"No, we've learned to trust them. I don't trust them that much but I'm learning to." he said.

"He was very nice to me."

"That's surprising."

"I know, he said he was drawn to me. To talk to me."

"Come on, let's go back."

"Jasper, why are you here?"

"I turned around and you weren't there, I was worried."

"Why were you worried?"

"I . . . I don't . . ."

"We should get back." I said, panicking.

I know he could feel what I was feeling but I can't help it. I've made sure to keep my distance from vampires for a very long time. Now that I'm making connections with other vampires it scares the hell out of me. Especially with Jasper, I'm pulled to him in a way that I've never felt with anyone else before.

We took off back to the Cullen house in silence. I'm trying to get over the panic in my body, keep my mind clear and try to clear my emotions as well. So basically, I'm a complete mess. I figured I would spend some time with Renesmee and calm down but she was already asleep so I had to forgo that distraction.

Edward started to play the piano and I stood next to him, humming a lullaby that I had learned a long time ago. He looked up at me and gave me the option but I shook my head, I don't like singing in public, I just hum along.

Bella had given me access to her library so I took her up on that. She took me to her house and we spent the night there. She's a bit of a loner too so we get along perfectly in silence, we understand it.

A few days later we had to talk strategy again. There is a lot that we have to consider and plan for just in case things don't go the way that we want. Most of the people here are very nervous, I try my best not to read their thoughts but the fear just jumps out at me.

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves." Edward said.

"If it comes to that they'll have to take me out too, my fathers are very aware of my gifts. I think Zafrina and I could blind them between the two of us. If they can't concentrate on who their target is, non possono attaccare, they can't attack." I told him, pulling on loose threads of my cardigan.

I was wearing a black tank top with jeans, white converse and a beige cardigan. Pulling on the threads made me feel a little better, less anxious. I had made Jasper promise me that he wouldn't toy with my emotions again. I'm just not sure how he took that.