Ch. 6, Be Mine

Chapter 6

"How do you know my name?" You question as Sesshomaru buries you deeper into his embrace. You lay stiff and confused. Why would a demon, rather a demon lord, be so affectionate with you when you had just met?

"It seems you don't remember," Sesshomaru says, "We are tied to one another. It's fate that we be together."

"What are you talking about? This is the first time we've met." You push yourself off him and struggle to crawl away, weak from his revival.

"You saved my life years ago in the snow," He follows as your body tries to worm itself away.

"Wait, I did?" Your eyes widen as realization slowly hits you. The snow, the white hair, the blood, the spell. Memories rushed into your brain as you recall the events that had happened years ago. "Oh I did.."

"How do you remember me?" you raise an eyebrow and stopping 'worming' away from him,"I thought I put a strong spell on you."

"As if a human spell would work on a demon lord," Sesshomaru growls, "I could never forget the face of someone who saved my life." 

The moment he had met you, Sesshomaru knew his faith was sealed.  Demon hearts were different from humans.  They could only fall in love once and never again. Sesshomaru's heart was set on you and it drove him insane.  Love was a terrifying thing for demons.  Especially love with humans.

"We are tied to one another [Y/n]. You saved my life and I saved yours. It's faith."

"I don't know what you are talking about. I save many lives everyday. Yours was nothing,"  You face him with a blank stare.

"But I also saved your life. Our souls are tied."

You thin your lips and sigh. He was right. When two healers save one another, they do make a soul tie and their faiths twist together. But Sesshomaru was a demon and you were a human. Human demon relationships were taboo. You groaned internally, [Y/n] you're a skilled healer of several years and you made a soul tie with a DEMON LORD on accident??

"You have to accept our fate." Sesshomaru insisted. He couldn't help but hate himself for the stir of emotions beginning to swirl in his chest.  He tried his best to hate you but with your energy intertwined with his, he simply couldn't.  You had put him through absolute mental torture ever since the day you saved his life.

As Sesshomaru looked at your beautiful face, he tried once more to fight his feelings but it was no use.  When the heart was set, it was set.  He couldn't change how he felt no matter what he did.  It was ridiculous, Sesshomaru absolutely despised humans but ended up falling in love with one.

"But you're a demon. I'm a human. It's taboo, we can't."

"It doesn't matter if you are human. We will both be in danger if we aren't together. If you die, I will die as well."

You laid weary as Sesshomaru sighed, and pulled your figure closer to him.  You felt your soul come to ease as his body warmth emitted onto you. He ran his fingers through your hair and studied your features.  Your long eyelashes were wet from the tears you had previously shed and your cheeks were stained. 

"Do you feel it now, [Y/n]?"

You nodded in shock as you felt oddly at peace. His eyes expressed unfamilar affection, his arms radiated a comfortable warmth. You suddenly felt as though you wanted to stay alongside him forever and forget the burdens placed on your shoulders.  What was this feeling?  You've never felt this way before. Is this what a soul tie is?

"I've always read about soul ties but I never knew they felt like this."

Sessshomaru leans onto you as you ease into his touch. "You are more dear to me than anyone, [Y/n]," Sesshomaru whispers. He feels your figure tense up as you clench onto his clothing, more tears threatening to fall from your eyes. This peaceful feeling was so refreshing, it was almost foreign to someone like you.

The burden of being the village doctor was unbearable.  Everyday you were expected to drain your body of its energy.  It was extremely painful and at times, you didn't have the will to eat or stand.  But the village didn't care, they used you as a tool and nothing more.  You couldn't do anything about it because you were bound to the village by blood.  Your past ancestors were healers and you were expected to do the same until you died.

"All you do is cry, [Y/n]" Sesshomaru jokingly says. He places a hand gingerly under your chin and forces your eyes to lock onto his. "Is it surprising that I care about you? You saved my life afterall."

"Noone has ever said that they cared about me," you mumbled.  You shake your head away from Sesshomaru's fingers and cover your face.  You didn't want him to see you in such a weakened state.  It was embarrassing.  You were supposed to be strong. Always, be strong.

Sesshomaru lifts himself from the mattress you shared and walks over to his closet.  A shiver runs through your spine as cold air rushes over your features.  Your body begins to yearn for Sesshomaru's warmth.  He was like a personal heater and you felt empty without him by your side.

After several minutes, he returns with a thin, purple box.  It's beautifully wrapped and decorated.  As Sesshomaru places it onto your lap, you eye it with much curiosity.  A gift?

"Open it," he commands.  You obligate and carefully tear the wrapping paper, in hopes of reusing it.  It was too gorgeous to be ripped apart.  "I've never been given a gift before," you admit, as you tug at the exterior wrapping, "Thank you.."

"Oh? I will give you more in the future."

An expensive kimono sits before you.  It's white with red detailing, exactly like the one Sesshomaru has on. You marvel at its beauty and eagerly put it over your clothing.  It was perfect, the right size and everything! You were not worthy of such an expensive gift.

"Do you like it?" Sesshomaru asks, "It is a kimono with my scent.  It will protect you from demons."

You eagerly nodd your head as you examine yourself in it. It was a kimono that tied you to Sesshomaru. They were protective clothing given to a demon's mate.

"Be mine, [Y/n]," he suddenly says.  You freeze and look up from your clothes. Did you hear that right? Hold on.  Wait a minute.

"Be my mate, [Y/n]. If we are together, you will always be safe and you will never have to work in that village..."

You sit in shock. This was all too fast, way too fast. First, you literally die. Then, you are basically revived and kidnapped by a demon lord you made an accidental soul tie with years ago. And now? You're being asked to be a demon's mate.

"A-alright" You suddenly say, as if the words were stolen out of your lips. You blush and immediately cover your mouth. People weren't lying about the connect of a soul tie, faith really made the decision before you did.

[A/n]

This chapter was a challenge to write, but I hope you guys liked it! Sorry if Sesshomaru is a bit OOC, I wanted him to express more emotion during this chapter because it was so intimate and romantic.  I thought it wouldn't flow right if Sesshomaru was his usual cold hearted self.  So I added some emotion into his character.  But anyways, thank you for reading!

-jas