Ch. 13, Safe and Sound

Chapter Thirteen

Trigger Warning: Harassment, Violence, Graphic, Death

"Where is she?" Sesshomaru growled. His eyes frantically darted side to side, following the faint smell and presence of his lover. It had been three days since the kidnapping of his precious mate and Sesshomaru felt as though anger would soon overtake him.

He went in circles. The scent was so strong and present yet he failed to find any trace of her. Where else would he look? He had searched nonstop for days - failing to get even a wick of sleep. The fear of losing [Y/n] was an unstoppable force that energized him to push through his body's needs. He refused to sleep or eat until he was beside his love.

Rin, Jaken, and Ah-un gingerly followed their lord. They walked on glass, careful to avoid messing with the temperment of a angry demon. The entirety of their search for [Y/n], the group traveled in silence. Annoying Sesshomaru in his current state would bring nothing but death and destruction.

"My lord...?" Jaken finally spoke, they had been searching the same area for several days and still had no luck in finding any clues on [Y/n]'s whereabouts, "We've been here for a while my lord, are you sure her scent is here?"

"Jaken" Sesshomaru's patience cracked, "If you are going to hinder my search, then be prepared to face the consequences."

Jaken squeaked, hiding behind Rin, "Forgive me my lord..."

Rin frowned. Jaken was right. At the rate they were going, they would dig their graves in the same forest that they had been circling around. If anything, they were wasting precious time by the minute!

According to Sesshomaru, [Y/n]'s scent was in the area. There were beautiful trees, green grass, and an abundance of flowers. However, no matter where you looked, there was not a single hair from [Y/n].

Rin shut her eyes, placing her thumb on her month and thinking. Suikotsu kidnapped [Y/n]. He was also a doctor at the clinic with her... so did that mean he also could use magic? That's not possible. Spiritual healing magic like [Y/n]'s was rare and hereditary. What could it be then?

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin finally yelled, "I think I know where [Y/n] is!"

Sesshomaru's anger slightly extinguished. He peered back at Rin with a sliver of hope. The girl was young, but she was also smart and loved [Y/n]. He nodded in approval at her.

"If she's not here on the surface... then she might be underground!"

Without hesitantation, Sesshomaru immediately drew out his sword and attacked the ground below him. To everyone's surprise, a system of intricate caves laid beneath their feet the entire time.

Sesshomaru tsked in annoyance before jumping into the caves. His precious [Y/n] must have been suffering severely because of his ignorance. Undergound? Why did it take him so long to think of such a solution?

Rushing in, Sesshomaru followed the scent of another human - one who he assumed was the kidnapper. His eyes began to change color and his claws grew. Whoever the kidnapper was, they would die the most painful death Sesshomaru could think of.

"You." he growled once more as he stood infront of a figure; a man with black slicked hair and black eyes.

"Oh? Are you the filthy demon that is here to take my precious [Y/n]?" the man questioned, falling into a fighting stance. He had sharp claws made from iron attached to his arms but he was still human. Sesshomaru, a powerful demon, could end his miserable life was a blink.

"Tell me human," Sesshomaru ignored the man, "Did you take [Y/n]?"

"And if I did?" the man replied smuggly, "She's so pretty locked up"

Sesshomaru lost all sense of rationality. His face began to shift from its human appearance to a wolf. A large, white haired beast towered over a tiny speck of a human.

"You foolish human," Sesshomaru's hairs stood up on his back, "You dare harm the mate of a demon?"

The man froze in fear as Sesshomaru's wolf form towered over him. He eagerly raised his fist, ready to block or attack the powerful demon. But it was too late, in simply a second, the man's left arm was cut clean.

He let out a scream in agony as he collasped on the floor below him. Sesshomaru's anger ran rampant and he lifted his paw up to draw another strike.

"For every day you've taken her," he growled dangerously, "I'll cut off one of your limps."

Jaken, Rin, and Ah-un watched in absolute horror as their lord brutally attacked a human. They had never seen him in such a violent state. Sesshomaru was a very cold, stonic person who was swift and precise with his attacks. Only Inuyasha, his half demon brother, could anger him. But now? It appeared that a poor human was going to be eaten alive without mercy.

Covered in blood, Sesshomaru changed back into his human appearance form. His kimino was drenched in blood but he could care less. As he peered over the remains of [Y/n]'s kidnapper, he took a final step over the corpse and began following the scent of his beloved.

The rest of his pack followed behind in terror. Rin bowed to the body respectfully while Jaken and Ah-un gave it a deathglare. In their eyes, it was atrocious to believe a mere human would harm even the head of a demon mate.

Sesshomaru quickly darted from each corner of the cave until he arrived at a metal door. Immediately, his scent was filled with the smell of vomit. He slammed his foot against the door in worry.

[Y/n] laid limp on the floor of a windowless room. Rope was tied around her body and a gag was wrapped to her mouth. Sesshomaru fell next to his beloved, instantly using his demonic power to try and heal her.

'You're here Sesshomaru," she smiled meekly, resting her head against his chest, "You're finally here. I knew you'd come."

Sesshomaru felt his heartache. If only he had been sooner, [Y/n] wouldn't have had to suffer to like this. He mentally cursed at himself.

"I'm sorry [Y/n]," he apologized, guilt filling every crevice of his conscience, "I looked everywhere for you, every day and night."

He clutched her body tightly. Desperate to hold onto her again, to feel her warmth and love that he had so dearly missed over the last few days. What would he have done to himself? What would he have done if [Y/n] died?

"What happened to Kotsu...?" she asked weakly. Sesshomaru's eyes harden and his grip tightened. The man who kidnapped [Y/n] must be named "Kotsu."

"I gave him a punishment beyond death," Sesshomaru sneered. He looked down at his lover gently, "Let's go home [Y/n]."

[Y/n] nodded hesitantly. She must have been afraid of what Sesshomaru did to "Kotsu," but he didn't care.

Sesshomaru lifted [Y/n] into his arms and walked her out of the room. Rin and Jaken waited quietly outside of the door.

"[Y/n]!" Rin cried, she ran up to the girl, "Are you okay [Y/n]? Are you okay?"

[Y/n] waved weakly to Rin before collapsing in Sesshomaru's arms. She must have been exhausted from the treatment of Kotsu.

"Silence Rin," Sesshomaru said, "She must rest. Let's go."

As the group reached the entrance of the underground cave, Sesshomaru lovingly peered down at the fragile girl in his arms. Her beautiful eyelashes were glistening from tears as she slept against Sesshomaru's chest. He squeezed her briefly before kissing her on the forehead.

With a single step, Sesshomaru dove through the air - ready to bring [Y/n] home safe and sound. He would never forgive himself for putting her in such danger.

[A/n]

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know Suikotsu doesn't actually die to Sesshomaru in the anime but for the sake of this story's plot, let's say Naraku does some magic and revives him for his fight with Inuyasha :p

Anyways, only two more chapters left until our wonderful story is over! Thank you for tagging along <3

-jas