Katie x Lucas// Alexa and Katie

Lucas's Point of View

Katie and I were sitting on the lawn chairs on the back porch. For some reason, we started getting strangely close lately. Katie and I were talking and having some fun finding out stuff we somehow didn't know about each other.

It was definitely late and we didn't realize it at the moment. We were talking and the conversation got deep. I noticed the little things about my sister's best friend that I never thought I would notice.

It was a late Friday night, during the summer before I went off to college. We had broken into my mom's wine bottle kept deep in one of the cupboards in the kitchen. We were drinking and talking and maybe my mouth acted before my brain. 

"When was your first time?" she asked in a giggly voice, a deep blush creeping onto her face. Her eyes went wide and bit onto one of her knuckles to stop her giddy laughter. "I haven't had one yet," I slurred and rested my face on my palm, admiring her pretty face. 

Her blonde hair was strikingly beautiful in the moonlight, mosquitos biting and the fan blowing them away as fast as they get there.

"What's your ideal kind of relationship?" I asked as I saw her eyes soften and her teeth nibble at her lip. "The one where I can cuddle them for hours but still make out with and tease. The one where I can beat them in videogames and still get validation for caring," she said as her giddy laugh seemed to be gone as we began to sober slightly.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" she asked as I thought for a moment. "Yeah, I believe something pulls who you are meant to be with towards you. Even if they don't realize it," she said as her voice dropped. 

She coughed awkwardly and stood up from her chair. "I should be getting home," she said pointing to the gate across the yard that is connected to hers. 

Again, my mouth moved faster than my brain. "Stay," I said as I grabbed her right hand with my left. "Why?" she asked, sounding annoyed. "Because this is fun," I said as I stood up with her and squeezed her hand gently. 

"It doesn't matter we see different things in this anyway," she said breaking away. I quickly caught up to her to ask her one last question. "What's your biggest fear?" I asked as I grabbed her hand again.

She took a deep gulp and gave me a sad smile. "You," she said and dropped my hand again. "Why am I your biggest fear?" I asked as I looked at her, afraid we really were seeing this in two different ways. 

"I'm afraid that one day you are going to see how I look at you and put me down. I'm afraid that one day, you are going to forget about nights like tonight while you are off living with your college girlfriend, forgetting your baby sister's best friend that you spent drunken summer nights with," now she was crying, "I'm deathly afraid that you are going to see how I feel and not feel the same." Now she was across the yard, and I made a quick decision. 

"Katie wait," I said catching up to her and pulling her around to face me. There was only one way I could say this, so without thinking, I connected our lips as she stumbled back in surprise. One of my arms went under her arms, around her back, and the other around her waist. When she pulled away she just looked so confused. "You weren't supposed to do that," she said as I just cut her off and pressed our lips back together. 

Katie didn't seem to mind this one as we got closer, her hands were on the sides of my face before we broke apart. "Come with me," I whispered before I led her upstairs to my room. Let's just say, I had my first time that night.

---------------

Another request, I hope you enjoy!

Bye lovelies,

-Rami