The Start

Layla Heartfillia feared her daughters magic. It was much higher than anything she had ever known. Ever since her baby was born she held high magic levels that an average mage would have, imagine her reaction when Lucy was able to summon her strongest spirit, Aquarius, without water.  

It was a task that she never knew would have been possible, but Lucy's magic continued to grow. Her mother loved her daughter very much, so by the time she had turned seven, Layla went to the king that a prophecy had been told down to all the Heartfiallian heirs. She was to open a gate with the twelve golden gates of the zodiac, but she only had ten. 

Instead of setting the burden on her daughter she felt it right to use her own life force to open the gate. Once it was open there were five bright lights the flew out across the kingdom. The final light, her grandmother from four generations ago, had stood proud with the smile her mother had. Their heads turned to see a small blonde girl, who looked identical to the other two blondes in the room when they heard a gasp. 

Layla began to feel light-headed as he began to fall backward, but she was caught by one of her celestial spirits. Layla looked back at her most trusted spirit and gave a small smile. 

"Shall we go back to the estate, Lady Layla," a goat-man asked. Layla nodded, her health would be drained from using it to open the Eclipse Gate, she knew she had at most a year to live. 

"Let's." 

A few months later, on little Lucy's birthday, Layla passed away in her sleep. Years of grief and negligence from Jude Heartfillia made Lucy want to be more like her mother, warm and kind-hearted. When Jude made an arrangement to marry her off to some fire wizard, she had it and left the estate. Leaving behind all the memories of her mother and the staff that was so much like her own family. 

Not long after she ran away, she met a fire wizard and her adventure began. 

OKAY SO I WON'T BE MAKING A CONTINUATION OF TAMER OF CHAOS, BUT I HOPE YOU WILL GIVE THIS A TRY. I KNOW YOU MAY BE THINKING THAT THIS IS ANOTHER STORY FOLLOWING THE SERIES, BUT I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS DIFFERENT THAN TAMER OF CHAOS. WELCOME TO Firelight.