~Chapter 4~

**Okay! It's a little a little short. The last one was long, and hopefully the next one will be too! Things'll pick up soon...real soon..but I hope these past chapters haven't been boring. I'm just saying, the others will be even better! Lol.Comment please! Even if its just something small. I'd like to know what all those 103 readers think of my story!**

Sam's POV

Thaila didn't have Mrs. Rodney, but Chandler did. He said he'd go with me.

Thaila waved goodbye and headed off for her Language Arts class. Chandler and I headed the opposite direction.

"So how do you like Thaila?" Chandler asked.

"She's nice." I could've said more. I mean, it's not like I'm too nervous to talk to a guy. As I've said, I'm used to hanging out with them. It's just this guy. He was so good-looking, and having a crush on him on top of it, made it harder than usual. But I was trying. I really was.

"How long have you known her?" I wondered.

"Since we were toddlers. It's kind of a long story."

"Seems like you guys are close," I said. He smiled.

"Yeah, we are. Thaila...she's different, you know? She can hang out with me and we can just talk and mess around like guys. Well, kind of...you know what I mean?" I nodded. I did know what he meant. It was like me and my best friend Alex. Or another good friend of mine, Justin.

"She can be aggressive when she wants to, and she's not into girly stuff. She's not afraid to tell me, or anyone for that matter, that they're wrong or stupid or need to get a life." He chuckled, probably remembering a memory of Thaila and him.

"She's just shy when you meet her. Well, usually. She's been getting better; talking to people a lot more," he added. Then he kind of poked me in the side.

"You're shy, I can tell. At least at first. Try talking more."

"I do talk," I said, trying to defend myself. Even though I know it's true. Chandler pretended to act all surprised.

"She has a voice!" And then he started stopping people in the hallway as we were walking, grabbing their arms and saying "She can talk!" and "Ha! She spoke!" Most of them just shrugged him off and walked away laughing. I guess they were used to him already. Some of them tried to look all happy for him, like he had just discovered something amazing. This one girl was like, "All right, Chandler!" and she gave him a high five. Others looked at him strangely, whispering to their friends. It was actually kind of funny.

"Shut up, you're drawing too much attention," I told him, but I was laughing. He stopped walking in the middle of the hallway and turned to face the longer part. I could tell he was getting ready to do something really embarrassing.

"Sheeee caaannn taalkk!" he practically yelled. He stood like those guys in the movies, after something bad happens, when they go "Noooooooooooooo!"

"Chandler! If you don't shush, you're going to really hear me talk!" I warned him, but I was still smiling and laughing. I tugged on his arm and made him continue for our 2nd period.

"And? Wouldn't that be great?" he said, wondering how what I said was a threat.

"No, because they wouldn't be nice things," I laughed.

"Riiight. I can't see you cursing, Sammy." He raised his eyebrows, as if urging me to try him. I was too caught up in the moment to really realize he had said Sammy instead of Sam. Did that mean we were friends?

"Don't make me, Chandler..."

"Make you what?" he teased, playing innocent. Or was it dumb?

I rolled my eyes and tugged him on. At this rate, we'd be late for class.