Chapter 1: New Encounter

Tyr's POV

I had no idea what had happened but by the time the night was done, my parents were supposedly dead, I got attacked and saved, and I had teamed up with a man named Jack.
That was pretty much it.

I woke up in the morning and guessed it was at the crack of dawn, which is a time I never woke up at.
People would usually wake up at a later time but it wasn't the actual world anymore, people were dying.

"Kid, want somethin' to eat?" Jack said.

I shook my head and started to look out at the window at the chaos that went by. Flames. Creatures. Bodies.

"Do you know what's going on?" I finally said.

"No, but don't worry, because you will DIE So oN."

"What? Jack? Where are you?" I said to the darkness.

Narrator POV

Tyr's vision cleared as he was kicked from the second floor by something.
He landed on his side as he felt his bones pop.

Tyr looked up at a creature that looked like a juggernaut as it jumped at Tyr.
Tyr barley had time to dodge but successfully did as he felt the wind from the blow to the ground.

The creature looked down at Tyr and started stomping toward him.

"Food...."

Tyr looked back at the thing and got up.

"What are you?..." Is all Tyr could say before it picked him up and ripped his pack off of him.

"Ack...Let...me go...." Tyr choked.

"DIE!" Someone yelled.

The person stabbed the creature in the knee, bringing it down and grabbed Tyr before he was crushed.

The person took the hood off once in protection and looked at Tyr.

It was a girl.

She looked at him and smiled.

"Glad to see another survivor, my name's Jisu, 15." Jisu said.

"M-mine's Tyr, same age." Tyr said.

"You're gonna need some weapons if you want to live, and we have to escape before that thing regenerates. Have any nosebleeds or been coughing blood up?" Jisu asked.

"No. Is that was caused it?" Tyr responded.

"Yeah, if you have one, it's hard to not turn to a monster, if you don't, you're lucky to last, and no, I haven't had any either." Jisu said.

"Ok, but can we get out of here?" Tyr asked.

"Sure. Let's go." Jisu said.

On their way to where she was leading him, he saw the weapon she was holding, and it looked...complex if that was the word. The weapon was a staff that had a button that probably popped blades out to cut any hostile thing that came their way. Or hers.

"How did you make that weapon?" Tyr asked.

"We have a base and it has a really good blacksmith." Jisu responded.

"How many people are there?" Tyr said.

"Around...10 or so, 11 now including you." Jisu said.

Tyr nodded slighty and kept following her. He was into her, not romance like into, but duo kind, he didn't know.

The walk made Tyr feel heavy with how far they went, plus it was at least an hour and a half after dawn so Tyr wasn't using the little bit of energy he had left to complain.

"You look tired, you okay?" Jisu asked, snapping Tyr back to reality.

"Yeah, just tired from all of this walking." Tyr said, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow.

"You want me to carry you on my back? I can hold you." Jisu suggested.

Tyr felt his face redden a bit as he said, "N-no! I can make it."

"Ok, suit yourself, but we're almost there anyway. There might be some security so act cool and i'll let people know that you're with me." Jisu said.

Jisu made her way toward security as Tyr followed, he looked at one guard who gave him a look that said, "You don't belong here." Jisu went toward a building and entered it and made sure Tyr followed.

"This is our room, all the other rooms are occupied or are beyond using." Jisu said, letting Tyr look around. It was a one bedroom apartment that was in good shape.

"Are you sure we can sleep here? It only has one bed." Tyr said scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah, just don't try anything." Jisu said.

Tyr nodded and began walking toward the door.

"I guess it's time to show you around. Come on." Jisu said, hurriedly walking to get in front on Tyr.
"First we head to the food area. We still have a lot of things so we don't have to start growing crops right away."

"Guess that's good, so I make the 11th person, right?" Tyr replied.

"Yep, want a reward?" Jisu smirked.

"Yeah, for this whole apocalypse like thing to stop spreading." Tyr said.

Jisu tapped Tyr's shoulder and he looked at her confused.

"Tag." She said sticking her tongue out and running away.

Tyr started running after her and they laughed and Tyr had fun. It was probably the only time it was going to happen.

"Stupid teenagers...." A man grumbled grabbing the box of weapons.

"Leave them be, they aren't killing you are they, Keith?" Someone replied.

"Tyler, I can have my suspicions and you can have yours, now hand the box." Keith said.

It's time to lead one of those creatures in here... Keith thought.